iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder comparisons for a newbie in the northeast

Started by General007, October 27, 2019, 08:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Id go with a Timberjack, I had a 440B once,

and once I went to the 200 series Jacks I would never go back. If your young then climbing in all day might not be an issue on the Deere. But if your body is worn, well you can't beat a 200 series Jack. Easy in and out. The best one man machine out there in my opinion. This was a 225D I had, nice small machine, I now have a 240B to pull a bit more. 

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

sandersen

"Make every step count."

General007

Well I got the 518 home yesterday didn't get much time to play with it yet. Needs a few odds and ends but overall runs great starts right up 15 degrees here yesterday.  Now I'm looking for a set of ice chains for the rear the previous owner told me the tires were 18.4-26 well he was wrong they're 18.4-34 had a set all lined up for the 18.4-26 good thing I waited till I got it in my yard.  Oh well

General007

Here's one picture of it hopefully more to come.  It's no looker and needs a fresh coat of paint.

General007

nativewolf

Liking Walnut

General007

Finally got out into the woods to try out the old Cat.  Everything seems to work well on the machine seems to pull and run good, winch holds and pulls good biggest issue I have is freespool is very hard to do not sure if its due to lack of use or that its a gearmatic.  Seems to be a lot of write ups about various issues with them, maybe someone has an idea on what should be adjusted to help with the freespool issue.  But overall very happy so far. 

Ed_K

Run it for awhile it may just be rusted up some from not being used. There's a hex screw on top of the casting on the band side you can try turning c/cw and see if that helps. 
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!