iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It finally happened!

Started by Buck69, August 10, 2022, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck69

So Sunday started with me picking up my younger brother at 10AM  and heading south in what I consider oppressive heat and humidity(air in my truck not working)to meet the original owner of a 2006 Lt 40hdg28 with 650 original hrs.
The gentleman had a couple of shag bark hickory mantels that he had air dried for 6 years that he wanted to tru up before the mill left. After truing them up and stacking them in the barn we started gathering and loading all the boxes of blades and spare parts in the truck my brother mentioned to me the owner of the mill didn't look so good . I suggested we head to the shade and get a drink. After a cold drink and some small talk I paid him and he signed the title over to me and give me a lesson on preparing the mill for travel. While we were hooking it to the truck he said he was going to miss the mill even though he had not hardly used it for two years.  I told him he had my number if he got some logs to saw to call me. After we hooked up the mill shook hands said are thanks and goodbyes we headed for home.
Now I new his wife and son were pressing him to sell, he had told me in the previous months that it took to get the finances together and find a time we could get together for me to take possession of the mill. 
After pulling out of his drive my brother told me his wife had told him her husband had heart problems .

I felt sad that he had to let go of something he enjoyed due to health reasons as it will happen to us all at some point. But everytime I would look back and see that mill following me I'd get a smile you couldn't pry off with the biggest orange cant hook in the bed of my truck 

I know, no pics it didn't happen so here are the first of many I hope to post in the future .

Southside

Been a long time since I saw photos come back with the lens cap on.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Buck69

That's not a cap,it was so danged hot I only got one pick in the daytime and waited till dark to get the other two. 😂

It was late last night and the two dark pics needed rotating 90 degrees. I went to my gallery and clicked on the rotate 90 and it went black for some reason. I will try to fix after work this evening. 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DMcCoy

Quote from: thecfarm on August 10, 2022, 07:05:28 AM
You will like sawing!!
It's (almost) like picking up a healthy addiction.  Logs will invade your dreams at night.

Magicman

Quote from: Buck69 on August 10, 2022, 07:03:04 AMI went to my gallery and clicked on the rotate 90 and it went black for some reason.
Instead of rotating you accidentally clicked "delete".  You will need to upload those pixs again and re-post them.

Congrats on the new to you LT40.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck69

Cfarm, DmcCoy
Unfortunately it's to late for me I used the neighbor's norwood manual sawmill to cut roughly 3mbf. Which was just enough to give me sawdust fever.

Thanks for the congratulation Magic. I hope with some hard work and God's grace it will grow in to somethin akin to what you have accomplished. 
I deleted the two black photos from my gallery and redownload them to try to rotate. 

Buck69

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 
I go into my gallery click on the picture. Just above the post pick to a post there is a narrow band that says crop rotate, delete, rotate-90 ,+90 ,180 if I pick either of the 90's or 180 it turns the pick black.  If I hit the crop,rotate option then either of the 90's it still goes to black.
Any ideas?

Magicman

I don't know.  I went through all of the steps that you described and my pix did what it was supposed to do.  Are you using your phone or ??

I see your pixs in your gallery, maybe an admin can/will turn them for you.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crossroads

Congratulations! That's a great mill...
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Buck69

I am using a Samsung phone, maybe the issue? 
Hopefully someone who has figured out how to do it with a phone will share how.

Buck69

Thank you crossroads.
It was well taken care of and I am really excited to get to milling. Having a full time job eats up a lot of the time I could be milling. 
Don't get me wrong I am thankful to have a good job .

WV Sawmiller

Sorry to hear he had to sell but happy to hear you bought it. It always amazes me to see a 16 y/o mill with only 650 hours on it. 

Now get you an extra pair of those side supports tied in like the MM just did to help with those short logs and you will really be in business. 

If you have not learned yet the official hobby of the FF members is helping find ways for other members to spend their money. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WDH

Buck, I went in to rotate your pics for you and the pic I attempted to rotate turned dark like you described.  It has something to do with your pictures and not the photo gallery. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Buck69

WDH, thanks for trying. At least I know now  I wasn't doing it wrong.
I'll  have some more soon as I have some time to do some milling. 

Thank You Sponsors!