iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garden Shed

Started by Firebass, January 13, 2008, 12:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebass

I decided to make a garden shed so I draw-ed up a plan and make a lumber list.  I thought maybe some of you sawing for a living could use this as a tool to make a stack of lumber something besides x amount of Board feet.  I know when I talk "BF" that most weekend carpenters give a bit of a blank look.   Some just want a bottom line figure and a picture of the end product is a great tool.   Feel free to use it.

Note: Siding not shown but is listed in the following sheet.
Roofing and/or sheeting not included.

sawguy21

Looks good, very simple and functional except for one thing. Where's the door? ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Firebass

This one's to keep my stuff safe :D

logwalker

Firebass, are you using Sketchup for the drawing? If so what is the learning curve like to get proficient at creating a drawing. I am still using Turbocad and am considering the switch. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

mike_van

My 2 cents - Make it BIGGER - 'cause you can always get more stuff if you have room!  :D 
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Firebass

Quote from: logwalker on January 13, 2008, 12:33:32 PM
Firebass, are you using Sketchup for the drawing? If so what is the learning curve like to get proficient at creating a drawing. I am still using Turbocad and am considering the switch. Joe
Logwalker,
I use autocad, which I have been told is not the best for modeling.  If Gilman comes around here, he's my cad guru.  The learning curvefor me to learn to  solid model with the version of autocad I have is about 30 years :(-- Well maybe not that bad. 

Mike_Van
"Bigger" is not big enough...Man is that not the most accurate statement one can make :) I would like to have a quarter mile of buildiing to try to fill.

Firebass

Steve

Radar67

Sketch Up is extremely easy to learn. I had a house model in less than 10 hours.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!