iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

kentucky wood expo Sept 15 and 16

Started by Part_Timer, June 28, 2006, 08:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Mary in her "one of three" LogRite shirts poses with Part-Timer, Modat22 and Faron at the Kentucky Wood Expo.

Bibbyman poses with his big brother Tom-in-Missouri.   It looks like mom dressed us alike that morning, don't it?   :D

Kevin Corder of AWMV (Wood-Mizer Industrial) sold the single head resaw to the fist guy that walked up.

Miss Moose does her Vanna While impersonation in front of the Skillsaw.

Correction....  Make that Katidid and Skillmill... Sorry for the confusion. A senior moment must have come over me... ;D

Greg Bear of Wood-Mizer drew a large crowd when demoing the Lathe-Mizer on the LT28.

Wood-Mizer also had an LT70, LT15, and edger, and LT300.  The LT300 was not "wired in" so it was just there for looks.  :o

More to come....
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Modat22

Whoops, dats not miss moose  ;D

Saw one of these at the oscar booth

I want one...
remember man that thy are dust.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Modat22 on September 16, 2006, 09:47:31 PM
Whoops, dats not miss moose  ;D

Whoops, is right. Sorry. 

I'm sure I didn't make that name up.  I must have "miss understood".  Give me the right name and I'll correct it. 
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Better recover fast der Bibby :). Who is this acting like Vanna While?  And who is Vanna While?   ???

Might she be related to Tom or Arky?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Modat22

thats katidid. Miss moose is sittin next to her in the stealth photo I took above.

DanG

Dat don't look like no Skilsaw, either.   Ol' Bibby was shore consistant on that line, eh? 8) 8) :D :D  The pics was DanG good though, and much appreciated.  Looks like you guys had a great time.

Beenthere, Vanna While is married to Afta While, the procrastination King. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bibbyman

Part-Timer takes his Peterson for a walk.  He must have been bad because they made him setup in the corner.  :D

Jonsered was there with a small bandmill.

As was Eli Zimmerman from Missouri with his EZ Boarwalk mill.

Mary finds a nest of those great LogRite tools.

Mary wanted to buy this Volvo loader but she couldn't get the salesmen's attention.  Oh well.
Sawing since '94

katie-did

Well everyone we made it home.  8)
   Boy that was fun. Was not sure weather I was going to have any fun but boy did I. Friday we had a lot of visitors from here on the Forum. Bibby really through me because he was incognito.  smiley_rainbow_colors No bibs and well he snuck in with out Mary. Never did get to meet Mary  :( but it was great to see Bibby. Modat, Miss Moose, Faron and his wife Chris all were great. Miss Moose and Chris keep me company in the shade and we had some great conversation  smiley_gossip while the boys played with the mill. Hope Faron and Chris are having as much fun on there vacation as we had at the show. Part-Timer got to meet Tom-in-Missouri on Thursday night as we were leaving from setting up and he was still setting up so there was not much time to talk.
   There we a lot of great people there. The Expo Staff was great and what vendors we had a chance to talk to were really nice too.
   We also meet some nice people that have read the forum before but have never gotten on. We tried our hardest to fix that. Especially with Don B.and his wife (you know who you are and I know that you are reading this  smiley_heh_heh) He has been on hear for YEARS he said but just don't what to get on here and say something that he shouldn't. I told him that did not stop the rest of us and besides that is what we have Board Moderators for.  We could not do it with out them.  smiley_thumbsup I have some pics of Don and said that if he did not get on I was going to get him on here at least with
a pic and some blackmail  teeter_totter and then he would have to get on here to defend himself. We did help him start off on the right foot though. He bought a 60" Logrite Peavy.  smiley_hellow_im_here
   Captain, them boot were very comfy. After walking through dew covered grass all morning I truly found out that my boot are NOT WATER PROOF. So after things slowed down I had to get them off and dry'em out. Saturday I did not make that mistake I wore my flip-flops to set up in then put the boots on. But they came off as soon as things slowed down agian. I HATE SHOES!
   As for the log the word that I heard was the it weighted 10,640? Pounds. But we were still busy so we did not get to go up and see all of that. We did not win!
   Well it has been a long day  zzzz_smiley and I am sure that I have forgotten to talk about some things but I am sure that Part-Timer will fill you in some more later. Hope we can make it to Bunyan and meet some more of you.  smiley_bounce
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Bibbyman

Here are some more pictures...

Pro-Sawyer Mary finds yet another LogRite cant hook.  This one in the Baker booth!  Baker is now selling them.  Way to go!

Hudson brought a trailer load of mills and other goodies.  I didn't get a chance to talk to them.

Is this an Oscar mill?
Sawing since '94

Furby

Part_Timer

Well I'm starting to recover a bit.  I got WAY to much sunshine this weekend.  I burnt the freckles off my nose down there.  I sure did meet a bunch of nice folks though.  I'm going to start and if I forget somebody please don't be offended.  I met about 200 people and my brain just won't hold that many names.

Farron and his wife Chris showed up for a visit.  It sure was nice to visit with em for a spell. they are going on a trip to Canada via North Carolina. ::) ::)   :D sound like a good trip though.  Chris thanks for the card I'm so glad the migranes are gone.  Next time we're in your neighborhood I'll buy dinner.  If your in our area coming back from the North stop in and I'll through a couple of steaks on the grill.

Modat and his wife moose were there also.  I see that he has the mill running now.  They stayed and visited most of the day.  I didn't have a lot of time to shoot the breeze but they understood.  They kept Katie from getting boared.  Every time I turned around the three of them were laughing and carrying on.  You would have thought they were friends from school or something.  It sure was nice to meet the two of you. The mill looks great.

Mary and Bibby stopped in and watched the swinger run for a spell.  We(Farron, Modat,Bibby and I) almost had Mary talked into running the swinger.  I thought for a minute that she was going to but then it was gone.  Maybe she thought woodmizer would take her canthook away.  ;) ;D ;D ;D  It was laso nice to meet you as well.

I also meet a guy name of Don B and his wife.  He reads the forum a bunch but never has signed on.  he knew all about all of us.  His wife even knew most of us by our forum names.  I told him to get signed on but he said no.  So I'm going to blackmail him. 
Don bought the pink logrite cant hook I had.  Tamiam and Kevin know they shipped one and the forum members that were there saw it.  THere is even a picture of Mary standing next to it.  SO it's my story that Don has it.  Now he need to get on here and prove me wrong with a pic. ;D

I had the chance to run the bandmill that Mr. Zimmerman had made and was running at the show.  I even talked him into running the swinger for a few turns.  I got a couple of good shots of the mill he made and will post them on the sawmill area.  I would have had him join but since he and his wife are Mennite Amish so I guess the computer is off limits.  It is for sure our loss.  They are very nice folks and Mr. Zimmerman has built a very nice mill with a lot of nice options that I had not seen before.

Well I hope I didn't forget anyone and if I did I'm sorry.

We had a blast and hope to do the show next year.

Thanks for all the visiting and help we had.  It would not have been near as much fun without all of you taking the time to come over and visit.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Faron

Hey ya'll  I thought I'd drop a quick note.  I enjoyed talking with you folks at the show.  I always think if I learn one or two things at an event like that it has been a sucessful trip.  I way exceeded that on this stop. We are on the Outer Banks at the moment.  I think now that I have this wireless deal figured out maybe I will start a thread on the travel topic and maybe post a few pictures later tonight. 
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Modat22

Faron, we'll have to have a chat one day about that little modification we talked about. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!