iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Marty the Zebara

Started by Robert Long, January 02, 2008, 07:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Long

metalspinner;

Is it the smile or the eyes?
I tried to get the eyes to express the look on the face, I carved large eyes with colour in them.

I am sure you are married, was it her smile or her eyes that first caught your attention? ;) ;)

Robert

PS I still marvel at your turning with the brass in it, I will be trying that out soon!

metalspinner

Robert,
It was my wife's smile. ;)  Your horse's, too. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Robert Long

metalspinner, keep smil'en! smiley_love

Robert

Robert Long

Swamp Donkey;

Here are pics of a simple rustic carving I show to first time carvers who come looking for basswood.

I carve them out of simple pieces of rustic wood like split rail fence or bass wood slab wood of the saw mill.

Perhaps this will get you carv'in :-*

Robert

WDH

I love the way you used the inner bark to create the hair and beard!  Very well done.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Great carvings Robert. Excellent. Yeah, that is clever to use the inner bark for the hair.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!