iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood burning

Started by Jeff, January 24, 2007, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I think he once mentioned something 'bout writing material ...  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Nate Surveyor

What do you call that type of folding table?

I'd like to get specs, and make the wife one of them.

I could figure it out, but, I'd druther spend that time MAKING stuff, instead of figuring!

A nice coffee table, for the kids would sure be appreciated by them too!

Nate
I know less than I used to.

Furby

I'd rather not give out the specs at this point, but anyone could figure it out if they played a little. ;)

sgtmaconga

that is some realy nice work guys
Measure twice cut once

Nate Surveyor

Sorry Furby

I somehow thought it was a common design.

I can figure it out pretty fast!

Nate
I know less than I used to.

JDFII

Wow!

I just found this thread & read all 8 pages.  Nice work, Jeff.

My wife also does woodburning.  I'll take some pic's & post them up.

Edit:  Can't upload them - What size limit is allowed?

Furby

Pics need to be less then 450 pixels on the longest side and under 45k total file size.
Directions are under the help button at the top of the page. :)

SwampDonkey

I never see any wood burning kits any longer. When I was a kid just about any department store and hardware store had kits for kids. I remember there were some rub on patterns you traced onto the wood piece, then burnt the pattern. Maybe some kid got burnt and it was the company's fault?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

I've seen the irons and tips at Wally World, but no kits. The old fashioned "hobby shops" have disappeared. That used to be one of my favorite places to go.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Woodcarver

If you google woodburner you should find a list of online retailers who sell woodburners.  Woodcraft is one that comes to mind.     
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Jeff

I did a couple more projects last night to finish up the white elephant type gifts we needed for tomorrow. Tammy had this el cheapo knife set that she asked me to dress up a bit, and the bird was done for Stacy to give as her gift. Its done on a chunk of wood courtesy of the Furbster. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

That fit pretty good. :)
I like the multi sided one though.

Jeff

Woodburning on that felt a little like dressing a pig in a suit. :D  What a cheap piece of crappola. I think Tammy said she gave 2 dollars for it at menards thinking I could do what I did with it.  The knives are sharp, but so is the jagged lid off a tin can.   I'd like to do another sometime more elaborate on a quality knive block set.

Furby

All ya gotta do is replace the knives with better ones.
I picked up some decent ones for 50¢ each (reg price was $4-5 each) at Meijers several years back on clearence.
Just gotta look around.
$2 for the block isn't bad, worth more now with the suit. ;)

Jeff

I'll snap a picture of the end grain.  This stuff is being produced out of very young fast growing stuff.

Furby

I'm sure it is, but can you make a better one? ;)

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

This reminds me as a kid ending up with my mom, who was having coffee at the local gossup group.  ;)

Pass the sugar please.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I KNOW I could make a better one if I had the tools. The amish store down here has some good knives at decent prices that you can buy one at a time and build a collection. My Favorite Kitchen knives are Old Hickorys but they are tough to find.

SwampDonkey

I have one just like it made from birch.  ;)

Jeff

Mebby I can commission one from a member someday out of maple for me to burn on.

Furby

How wide and deep is it?

pigman

" dressing a pig in a suit."     Always picking on pigs.  :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Is walnut too dark to do wood burning on?   I could fix up a nice one for you.  Or maybe pecan, Woodbowls wood :)

I really like the bird!!!!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Danny, dark woods don't really work very well in my limited experience.

SwampDonkey

Too bad they wouldn't burn white or yellow eh? Maybe do some etching with a Dremel and white wash with thinned latex, dry, then sand? ;)

Thank You Sponsors!