iDRY Vacuum Kilns

photos

Started by woodmills1, October 18, 2001, 04:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

since i am new here i dont know if this a repeat or not.

when i try to post pictures i always get the message that the file is to large.  when i then try to resize i end up guessing how many pixels i can get away with.  does any one know how many?  like 640 by 480 i should resize them to?  thanks
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

swampwhiteoak

Look at the "attaching images" thread on the second page.  The optimizer works well for me.  

Jeff

Yup, file size refers only to Kilobytes, not to pixels.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

There is a thread Jeff put on this topic way back when that I copy here.   I like the Image optimizer better than the JPG optimizer because I think it gives you more flexibility.  This works better than trying to reduce pictures in most photo software because you can keep the image clarity better with the optimizer.

Attaching images
« on: 03/15/01 at 23:04:19 »    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can now upload and attach an image to your post!

I have to be frugile with the file size because of limited space (Somebody want to underwrite the forum??) so pic is limited to 15K jpg or gif format. Get an image optimizer off the web to reduce your sizes! You can get one athttp://www.xat.com/called JPEG OPTIMIZER for free.

Here is my first uploaded and attached image using the new option.(First I have to click the Upload and attach image? text just to the bottom of where you type your message.)

The above image is only 2.5K an made that small with the optimiser program.