iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mismatched stockings?

Started by thecfarm, May 06, 2021, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Do any other FF members wear mismatched sock?
Now I'm not talking the cheap ones. I wear 2 pair of stockings, at the store and when I am outside working. These are the at least $10 a pair socks. The wife saw my socks one day and said, no wonder I can't match your stockings up!! Well I'm not about to take 10 socks and maybe more and throw them away because they don't match.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

If anyone says anything tell them you have a matching pair in the sock drawer.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

SwampDonkey

I have the same problem with boots, one will blow out and still have a good one. So I have 3 off boots, and no mated pair of boots. :D

Usually, the heals go in my socks and pretty much equally. :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

peakbagger

I go the Darn Tuff factory sale in Northfield VT every few years. The socks are high quality and cheap and they sell military seconds. I buy a lot of the same color so when one wears out, the remaining one will match up at some point with another orphan.

WV Sawmiller

My 13 y/o (Well she will be 13 the day after tomorrow) and 9 y/o GDs wears them that way deliberately. It seems to be a fad. I never knew I was such a trend setter!
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ed_K

Peakbagger, do they still have the floating wooden bridge going across the lake in Northfield?
Ed K

Sedgehammer

all my work socks are same brand. all of them. over calf. thick extra padding. expensive. but after all, one does walk on their feet.
Necessity is the engine of drive

Edvantage

I found 9 different socks in my drawer the other day. Could not find 2 matching. Washing machine must eat them! Actually with three boys in the house they probably are wearing mine. As long as they are the same thickness and length who cares what color they are.  

Jeff

We ended up having a member quit here when I reprimanded him about comments made about a sponsor that sold darn tough socks for twenty a pair in a topic supporting the sponsor. That has been years ago. He is still gone, of his own accord, and my darn tough socks are still here wirking for me.   Tammy bought me 4 pair of caterpiller socks a year ago last christmas. All in the same pack, each pair a different color. Im down to 2 pair and eack sock a different color. I dont care. They are comfy. Sock monster got the others.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RichTired

Jeff, this reminds me of when H. Ross Perot ran for president back in I believe 1992. He was interviewed by 60 Minutes ( I think) and he stated he wore a brand new pair of socks everyday. I guess when you are a billionaire you can afford to do that.   :D
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

21incher

Once I retired I started buying  bulk white  socks at Costco and never have a mismatch anymore. Toss the ones with holes in the rag bag and just pick 2 from the drawer that feel about  the same age everyday. I have one pair of brown ones for special occasions  ;D.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

trapper

I now wear merino wool socks year around  except for dress and sunday when I wear alpaca socks.  problems from foot sweating have gone away.  Red wing and smart wool.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

newoodguy78

As long as they're quality socks on they go matching or not.
I'm a big fan of nice socks 

Nebraska

I wear good merino wool socks year around in my work boots and I wore mismatched  socks today.  They cost enough per pair if the sock monster eats one, oh well.  I have more important  things to worry about  and if some one notices, well I don't care.

SwampDonkey

I like J.B. Fields since I started using them a couple years ago. Never wore any out yet. Only place I see them is online, no local stores carry them, but they have been around for over 100 years. ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

DarnTough every day. Always matched, but I do have several matching pairs, so that's easy.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Sedgehammer

SwampDonkey

dgdrls

It happens,  no big deal,  I mostly wear ankle height unless I'm in my tall boot,
even then sometimes its just the low-cut's

D

Sedgehammer

SwampDonkey

I don't seem to have that problem. I often wear hiking boots that are just above the ankles, casual shoes for town or sneakers to and from work, logger boots at work. These aren't the kind of socks that get looser and looser around the tops like $2 socks. ;D

HemlockKing

I rarely have matching socks. Always been that way even as a child. Minuscule stuff, people are pointing out my socks don’t match, well I’m just thinking about stuff that actually matters rather  than matching socks ;D
A1

sawguy21

You can take comfort in knowing somebody cares enough to pay attention. :D I try to buy the same color and pattern so I can't mismatch them but end up with an odd number every time I do laundry. How does that happen? I like McGregor Happy Foot, very comfortable but spendy and don't wear any better.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!