iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pressure cooker (sort of )

Started by tule peak timber, June 19, 2016, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

My wife is away for 10 days and I'm fending for myself.  I put too much stuff in the little crock pot for tonight's dinner and tomorrows feed bag. Looking around I found a handy counter-weight to keep the lid on until boil. I listen for the sound of the "clunk" and dinner is ready.Rob

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

red

Turn the heat down to Low and make your self a sandwich
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D :D :D Good 1 Tule!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tule peak timber

Last night I hack-sawed a frozen steak for stirrfry and it came out pretty good. The crockpot is coming around - so no sandwiches tonight. Eight days to go,,,ugh.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WV Sawmiller

I'm not even going to ask why you happened to have an ax handy in the kitchen. :D

Now you can get creative with your cooking for the next week and appreciate Mama even more when she returns.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tule peak timber

Necessity is the mother of invention ? Anyway,,,dinner came out great. No doubt you heard about the heat wave out west-105 inside the house last night at 10 PM.Phew........

OneWithWood

No AC?  The dogs must really be suffering, not to mention the humans.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

tule peak timber

I'm remodeling the house this year and took the AC out for now. The dogs sleep all day and run all night. I put water out for all the wild animals also, very hot !  Rob

TimRB

Quote from: tule peak timber on June 19, 2016, 08:26:47 PM
My wife is away for 10 days and I'm fending for myself.

You're not "fending for yourself".  You're "eating anything you want".

Tim

21incher

You did it all wrong. You should chop the food with the axe before putting it in the crock pot and more will fit in. splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tule peak timber

drobertson

Heck of a butcher knife :D  pretty sure that won't be required when done,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

:D :D I can just imagine the reaction when she gets home, you will never be allowed in the kitchen alone again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tule peak timber

More mayhem with frozen meat- this time a pork butt is the victim. Just too much for a couple of meals -so I divided it up with my trusty saws-all.

Meanwhile with the wife gone I've had a chance to remodel the bathroom in the old part of the house. Freshed up cabinets of coastal live oak, new doug fir flooring, and cedar wall paneling. I have a slab in the kiln being sterilized and it will be installed on the vanity Monday. Waterborne finish on the walls ,and oil on the floor this morning so I'm showering under a hose in the front yard this afternoon. Rob

scsmith42

Sweet!  You have a great eye for artistry and craftsmanship.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

21incher

Great job on the bathroom. I am more of a stationary power tool guy and use my bandsaw for frozen meat. ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

OneWithWood

Nice work, Rob.  In addition to possessing outstanding culinary skills you seem to be a pretty fair craftsman  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Chuck White

Nice carpentry work!

Quote:  Meanwhile with the wife gone I've had a chance to remodel the bathroom in the old part of the house. Freshed up cabinets of coastal live oak, new doug fir flooring, and cedar wall paneling. I have a slab in the kiln being sterilized and it will be installed on the vanity Monday. Waterborne finish on the walls ,and oil on the floor this morning so I'm showering under a hose in the front yard this afternoon. Rob
End Quote:

Hope people were wise enough not to drive by your front yard yesterday afternoon!   :o   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tule peak timber

Thank You Sponsors!