iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yooper invasion!

Started by dewwood, July 17, 2010, 08:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewwood

Late yesterday afternoon we heard a strange noise.  Looked out and there was a big ole Harley pulling into the yard with a couple of strange looking passengers on board.  They got off and looked all around like they were lost.  We went to the door and there stood Chet & Judy.  What a great surprise! 8) 8) 8)

We talked and carried on for a while then headed out for dinner where we talked for a couple hours more.  We tried to convince them to stay with us but they wanted to get on down the road a little.  So with hugs and handshakes we wished them well and off they went into the evening.  They were headed for their sons place in Grand Haven.  

It was so good to see them, its been 3 or 4 years since we last saw them.  Hope they have a good trip home.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Chuck White

Always nice to meet old friends again.

Not much compares to it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Coon

Where's the pics ;)   you know the saying...  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

dewwood

I wish I would have thought to grab the camera.  We were just so surprised to see them that I never even gave it a thought.  We were just glad they drove the extra miles to stop by for a visit.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Shotgun

Wondering who's messing with this thread's title. Adm. or OP?  First it was "Yuuper",  then "Yoopper". Keep going. Yer getting closer to Yooper.    ;D      You don't want ta mess with dem folks, ya know.    :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

Its not me cause I know how to spell Yooper.  Its with a "Y"  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dewwood

OK so I did not know how to spell it.  Give a guy a break or is it brake?  Anyhoo it was good to see them.

chet

We're back home, and it only took us 3,120 miles ta make da 540 mile jaunt ta see our son and daughter-in-law.   :D   Seems like every time we git on dat DanG bike we git lost.  ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Burlkraft

Sounds like a good trip.

You'll have to give yer keester a rest for awhile  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

customsawyer

Any trip on a bike is a great trip.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: customsawyer on July 22, 2010, 07:20:49 AM
Any trip on a bike is a great trip.

Having ridden a BMW 750 from Charleston SC to Pocatello ID in three days through steady rain for two of those days, I can say that there are some bike trips that are NOT great trips  >:(

Herb

customsawyer

Look at the memories you made. I bet you remember to check the weather next time. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!