iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New England FF pot luck the Northern Project (May 19, 2018)

Started by Bruno of NH, November 19, 2017, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loganworks2

My son and I will role in between 9 and 9:30. Unfortunately we can't get an early start. 
Pamizerman you are fortunat that no one was hurt. Stay safe for the rest of the ride.

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

4x4American

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 18, 2018, 06:02:31 PM
Wish I could make it just to see Peter's operation.
I'll take a look at it for ya, no need to thank me
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

PA Mizer Man, what state was that in Joisey?  It coulda been worse you lucked out.  See ya 2morrow I just got back from the mill prolly gonna be a bit late and gonna gotta leave a bit early but I'm still gonna send it BUD
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

And Tom the sawyer, I got the basket of cookies today, Thank's
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Tom the Sawyer

07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

thecfarm

Sorry to hear of the accident. That's one get to gather you won't forget. :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

YellowHammer

I wish I could make it, but am looking forward to the pictures.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Bruno of NH

The first pictures
So you know it happened :)

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

And Remember, no fair without names.  Even Butts count.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Not that you'll ever hear me complain much about rain but it's nice to see you folks are getting more sun than we are for the doins, have a great time!

thecfarm

I hope all went well. It just started to rain here,I think I am 3 hours away.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shinnlinger

Hats off to Peter and Jim for hosting.  It was great to meet some good folks and put some faces with names and whatnot.

I am so glad I made the trip.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

PAmizerman

Thanks to Peter and Bruno for hosting this great get together.

It was a great day and could not ask for a better group of guys to hang with for the day.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Jim_Rogers

Dave kept calling Bruno Jim all day
I was there also
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

slider

Looks like the shindig went well . You can't beat good friends getting together.
al glenn

Bruno of NH

I want to first thank Peter and Ann for hosting the project and then thank all that helped out and attended. 
It was great meeting everyone and talking about milling. 
Thanks Bruno 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

51cub

Definitely worth the trip. So many people to thank. Peter and Bruno for putting it all together. Jim Rogers for the theory he showed me, and his donations to the raffle. Kevin and Tammy for legs for the raffle. Everybody that was there for the good times
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

loganworks2

Just wanted to thank Peter and Bruno for the time and energy they put into the Northern Project. It was great to meet and get to talk with all who were there and have many of my questions answered. The knowledge gained from you all has helped me take another step closer to purchasing a mill. A great group to hang out with.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

51cub

I got some pictures. I'm going to try to figure out how to post them later after I get home

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Jim_Rogers

Well, I think a good time was had by all.

The first demo was held in the morning. Peter picked out a log with a sweep in it. They then scaled the pine log and deducted bdft for the sweep. Then he sawed it out, pictures posted above by Bruno of NH. He edged all the boards and then tallied all the lumber to see how close we came out to getting the right number of bdft. Or to see how much we lost.
The log tally deducting for the sweep came out to 95 bdft (international scale). The lumber tally came out of over 120 bdft. So he didn't loose any due to sweep.

One FF member present had to leave early so we did a group shot just about lunchtime.

Here is a close up of the FF members there:

And here is the list of names:
Back row left to right, Peter Drouin our host, nilpuk, GAB, 51cub (in red shirt), loganworks2, oliver0562, shinnlinger, 78NHTFY,  4x4American holding his door prize he won.
On the log from left to right PAmizerman's father (didn't get his screen name), Crusarius, PAmizerman, Petefrombearswamp, Bruno of NH
Not pictures was hersnsh#590 and his wife. Also Jim Rogers who was taking the picture.
(if I got any screen names wrong please let me know).

After lunch Peter did a demo of sawing out an oak log to try and get as much "flake" as possible.

Here he is leveling the pith:

And here is a shot of Peter's antique chain saw collection:

Thanks to all the sponsors who sent in door prizes.

And thanks to Bruno's wife for helping with the cooking of hot dogs and cheese burgers.
And thanks to Ann Peter's wife for all her help.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!