iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ontario tire price reminder

Started by DaleK, March 27, 2013, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleK

On april 1 the Ontario Tire Stewardship fee goes from $15 flat fee to a fee based on the weight of the tire. Two tractor tires that cost me $30 in fees today would have been $240 next week, works out to a 10-15% jump on most big tires so if you know you're needing some skidder or truck tires it's probably worth getting them bought tomorrow. Maybe even if your tire guy will just do the paperwork.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

SwampDonkey

We pay $3 a tire here, have for quite a few years. I think it goes to a tire recycling centre.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DaleK

Yeah it was $5 here for a long time but I could take my old tires home for holding down tarps and whatnot and not pay it, then it went to $15, now $120 on a $900 tire and it's added to the price of the new tire so you can't avoid it. Kinda stings.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

SwampDonkey

Here it's paid on a new tire purchase whether or not the old tires are taken. No way around it. I've always taken the old tires, when getting new ones unless they are too bad. Any tire centre here will take the old tires, even if they have been in the barn for 15 years, no fee.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kodiakmac

When your province's (or state's) economy is swirling in the bowl, it's amazing how inventive our bureaucrats become.  They have to come up with new revenue for the government or face the risk of lay-offs.

This government never learns: you build a better mousetrap... and the mice just get smarter and smarter.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

DaleK

It's a great day to be a tire dealer in Quebec.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

thecfarm

So you pay a disposal fee to buy the tire and than when you go to dispose of the tire you pay the same fee again?  seem like my FIL was complaining about something like that on refrigerators for the gas in them???? But seem like that was $20???   Maybe he was going on about something else. Pay when you buy and pay when it dies.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dom

Over here you pay a fee for electronics and tires when you buy, no fees at disposal to my knowledge. There's a fee to go to the dump for general refuse, I grumble but will pay. I don't like finding junk in the woods, so I won't contribute.

Thank You Sponsors!