iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back to my milling roots

Started by Downstream, January 14, 2022, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

Have not milled anything in over 2 years since selling my EZjr.  Went by one of my previous log honey holes yesterday just see how it looked.  Found a pile of freshly cut walnut chunks and logs.  Dusted off the chainsaw mill and fired up the 660 which had not been run for 2 yrs also and headed out this morning to get a fix of sawdust.  Went ok with a few operator errors like not filling the gas after each pass so you don't run out mid cut.  Got 4 nice mini slabs and the 2 flitch cuts for log benches.  I will be a little sore tomorrow but it was nice to be milling again.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

fluidpowerpro

Im sure its nice to be spitting some chips again.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

HemlockKing

A1

HemlockKing

Looks like a mighty brush pile...will make a good fire
A1

Downstream

This is at a yard waste dump site so a couple times a year all the brush/chunks/logs go into tub grinder and turned into mulch.  I went back after lunch and slabbed out another 7 slices from another log and now I'm really sore but have a nice pile in slabs for future signs off my cnc.  I really need to rig up one of the crank systems if I'm going to do more in the future.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

HemlockKing

Right on man good to see someone get something out of it. 
A1

thecfarm

And we are building what?   :) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Downstream

I hope to cut into live edge sign blanks to run on my newly acquired cnc router after they have dried.  If not that I would normally make coffee/end tables or outside benches out of this size of slabs.  Here is an example of one I made a few years ago when I was doing my life edge furniture business.

Thank You Sponsors!