iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shoooooeeeeeee, What An Ordeal

Started by dail_h, May 30, 2004, 05:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

Boy, don'cha hate it when you get in over ya head? It wasn't supposed to be a big deal,when I got a new computer to put my sawmill stuff on, I decided in my infinite wisdom to register a different username ect. and still keep it the same on the old computer.Kind of a duel idenity thing,you know Dr Jekel ,Mr Hyde , well not exactly like that ,but not always as dail_h. Coupla im's to Jeff,and he convinced me it wasn't a good idea at all. No problem,I'll just change it  NOT NO WAY, ain't that smart. So,Sarah,oldest daughter comes to poor ole dad's rescue. She does real good,got a whole 4 year college education an all,gits my new name deleted off the new computer,no problem,but when she tried to re-register me she had to delete me from the old one,or she said she did anyway. 4-5 days,I couldn't post on either computer,finally got the new on working ,I still afraid to try the old one
   Don'cha hate it when you get in over ya head? :-[
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

pasbuild

Best thing I could have done was to give the property next to us to my daughter and son-in-law, he has his own business  building puters and fixxs them up when people screw them up ;)
Now when I hit the wrong key and the screen goes black I just call next door and Joe runs over and cleans up after me ;D
I see Joe a LOT :D :D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

SwampDonkey

Yes, I know what ya mean. And if ya don't know what yer doin its a real pain in the keister. Had trouble at a former place of employment where folks where always messin with stuff and screwin around with settings. So, I know what your goin through. I've learned alot about MS access through trial and error but on my own machine and my own time, and I soon learned alot of stuff fast. That's how most folks really obsorb this stuff. It's like the two year old kid that touches the hot stove and learns never to do that again. ;)

Hope everything comes together for ya with your user account(s).

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Rocky_J

The big thing is to understand what info is on your computer and what info is on the website. The website doesn't care what computer you use to sign in, your Forestry Forum name won't change.
Hope you figure it out without too much trouble.  ???

Stan

Even Dr. Jeckle suffered when he wanted to become Mr. Hyde.  ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Thank You Sponsors!