iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chain saw gas

Started by Technoid, March 25, 2021, 11:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Quote from: doc henderson on March 27, 2021, 08:09:54 PM
if you want alcohol.  this is how you make it from corn.  did this this afternoon.

BATFE has entered the chat....  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Real1shepherd

Quote from: lxskllr on March 27, 2021, 08:42:28 PM
Product sizes are a pet peeve of mine. Maybe it's always gone on, but it seems way more common in recent(ish) decades. Literally nobody with any sense expects prices to be stable over long periods of time. If you can't produce the product for $x anymore, raise the price the honest way. Don't treat me like I'm stupid by making the package smaller, but charging the same price. It makes my life more difficult, and I'm still losing money, so not only are you taking my money, you're taking my time, which has far more value than US currency.
Ostensibly, this all started decades ago with sacks of dog food. Same money, but the bags kept getting smaller and smaller.

The bean counters must have loved this idea from their soulless marketing types. You couldn't find 50lbs bags of dog food anymore.

And YES they should just charge more instead of thinking we are all idiots and don't know the difference. I HATE being compromised by soulless marketing types.

Kevin

Steve Crook

Now doc are you sure that isn't for medicinal purposes?

donbj

Well gotta admit, it did get a pretty good thread going :laugh:
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Steve Crook on March 27, 2021, 11:28:43 PM
Now doc are you sure that isn't for medicinal purposes?
Nope, chainsaw fuel additive only and some really good cleaning fluid. It will take paint off just about anything and works great on glass too.

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

I am licensed to prescribe and dispense...  I will ask my wife where I fall on ethanol for personal, medicinal, solvent, and fuel use.   :) :) :),  I did bring home a few jars of the "heads" that is acetone and other non drinkable chemicals. to use in the shop as solvent, cleaner ect.  I have ordered a cask, and it will barely have time to age for the pig roast.  (2 to 4 months).
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Steve Crook

I have to admit I am a little slow. I would have never thought to share it with my chainsaw.

Andries

OGH, that's a stainless steel work of art!
Beautiful.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Old Greenhorn

Essential oils, and very clean water, just to be 'clear'. ;D I do have a pint of some really wicked ethanol in the shop fridge for cleaning. Gives me a headache when I open the jar.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Tacotodd

Imagine what it would do if you drank some! 
Trying harder everyday.

DHansen

Quote from: Tacotodd on March 28, 2021, 08:54:04 AM
Imagine what it would do if you drank some!
Purely by accident of course!  Not that you were sampling it.  Bet the neighbors like getting some for their fuel supply and cleaning needs.

Old Greenhorn

I mis-typed, I meant acetone, not ethanol. If you drank that stuff it would kill you, or at least give you a severe hurtin'. When you open the jar your nose tells you it's a no-go situation. Nasty.

Nebraska

Yeah acetone would be really bad.....You know that ethanol is the antidote for acute ethylene glycol poisoning.  Thankfully I don't have to use it often  but there is 190 proof  I the storage room. So it's medicinal in my world.  With all the cleaning and fuel usages  a still would go a ways towards making one more self sufficient. ... Need to get on Husky and Stihl to make more alcohol resistant  carb components....

Guydreads

Not trying to accuse or anything but it sounds to me like you're trying to blame ethanol for either your's or someone else's stupidity in not mixing fuel. Just saying that is what it sounds like

Wallydawg

OGH, That expansion chamber with that little stinger should get lots of power out of that corn squeezin'.
Looks like the one on my Yamaha 90 enduro :D. 
They say I'm lazy, but it takes all my time. - Joe Walsh -
Timberking B-20

Thank You Sponsors!