iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Decent $120 Dollar Log Jack?

Started by weimedog, January 04, 2024, 05:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

I got a Christmas Present. Partly because I would never have purchased one rationalizing how just using my tractor was the way....but sometimes I'm just in the truck, so this tool actually "expands" my capability set with the truck ( Poor thing , Already wrung out! )

So after a "rough" patch, started collecting the tools I'll use both in firewood and logging to "live" in the truck. And this was the result as I was cleaning the farm and re-engaging with the woods :)

Holzfforma Log Jack "First Look" & First 5 Saws I Picked From My Saw Collection To Run 4 NEXT Job - YouTube
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Old Greenhorn

I've got a timber jack similar to that, but rarely if ever use it. I just cut to grade level then roll the log because I found it faster and less work over time. By the way, LogRite make a foot that goes on all their cant hooks and peaveys that is easy on and off. If I was leaning that way I would go log rite and keep the money at home. But I am not leaning that way, because I already have one from Peavey Mfg. Co. we bought back in the 70's, still pretty much like new.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!