iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Ideas

Started by metalspinner, February 24, 2012, 11:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

That washer dryer combo got my attention  8)   
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pineywoods

Washer drier combo's have been around for decades. The big expensive RV's usually have them. Quite maintenance intensive. Need flexible seals for the washer part, they don't hold up too well to heat from the drier part. Dry cycles don't get very hot and take a long time.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

metalspinner

I just thought of another one! 8) 8) 8)

And for historical referance I am making a note here...just in case I see it on the shelf at Wally World next week. ::)

Anyway it has to do with home recycling and easing some of the great inconvenience of it. And that's all I have to say. ;) :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

Good plan. Now you can claim anything that shows up on the Wally shelves as your idea.   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Okrafarmer

I tried to invent an automated fencing machine. That would bush hog, drive posts, and attach wire, all in one pass. I think it could work, but I'm not technically savvy enough to design it.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

sandhills

Okra, when you do finally figure it out, please post pics!

Oh, I could also use some sort of stump removal device attached to it  :)

WildDog

Sprucegum I got a good laugh out of that. :D
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Jeff

I started thinking about this topic as I was watching this video this evening.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

KBforester

Quote from: Corley5 on February 25, 2012, 11:34:54 PM
That washer dryer combo got my attention  8)   
Quote from: pineywoods on February 26, 2012, 02:43:17 PM
Washer drier combo's have been around for decades. The big expensive RV's usually have them. Quite maintenance intensive. Need flexible seals for the washer part, they don't hold up too well to heat from the drier part. Dry cycles don't get very hot and take a long time.

I have one of the LG units. We like it a lot.

Piney woods- I'm not sure what you mean by maintenance intensive. I'm sure if it ever broke it would be a nightmare to find someone who would work on it. We've had it for 2.5 years and no problems so far.

They do take a while to dry clothes. Its important to note that they are Vent-less, and they use condensation to get rid of the water. That being said you need to make sure its in an appropriate location: aka not a cold basement. And if your looking for a machine that can do a massive loads of laundry for a family of four, then forget it. Its a small machine. Its great for my girlfriend and I. Very energy efficient.
Trees are good.

ahlkey

One of the things I say often is that is "so easy to make things complex but near impossible to make it simple".   I find with really BIG inventions or Ideas when you hear about it you say - WOW that is simple enough I should of thought of it?  Well very few of us can eliminate all the "noise" and keep it simple but if we are so fortunate to come up with a HUGE breakthrough idea it is equally as hard to execute on it (easy to just give up).   Woody Norris from the video has done both - impressive indeed!   

sparky1

I have a lot of big bright ideas when half way though a case of beer with buddies.. then the next day cant remember any of them.. at the time they all seemed like real winners!! :D
Shaun J

martyinmi

Quote from: sparky1 on March 31, 2012, 11:21:08 AM
I have a lot of big bright ideas when half way though a case of beer with buddies..
Having bright ideas while drinking beer with friends must be a global ritual amongst men 8) Seems as though we're all pretty much in the same boat when the morning rolls around. When we remember the brainstorms from the night before, we wonder how we were able to legitimize them even with all the beer ???
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Taylortractornut

Not on the patent  topic but when I  have a problem in the shop when building something it often comes to me   at night while im sleeping the solution its me.    I keep a pad an pen at the bed side  and a few drawing tools like a straighte edge and compass.   

Okra I made a similar 3 point tool to  do fencing one time.    I worked for a farmer part time when I was out of a job.  He had a 5300 JD mfwd tractor.     We did have to bushhog seperately but  I mounted a rake on  the loader.      THe 3 point   I mounted  a  hydraulic phd  on a verticle mast with a  jib on it for  lifting the posts  up and on the side of that I had a tpost driver.       It worked good I did want to add a post driver but never did it.    I had a roller on it to spool off net wire  and top it with a strand of barbed,    Or I could take the net wire off and spool out6  strands of barbed wire or high tensile electric.     It worked  good but the posts and and wire had to be hand stapled or tied. 
  Later we added an  air powered wire tie.           We did about 6 miles of fencing with it and I went on to another job.     I made 2 more for other fence contractors.         If you got one patented  I  beilive it would be a money maker.     

Id have trouble patenting something or finding a  patent lawyer that I would trust.  A friend of mine patented a  control box for a manufacturing process.    I did a few small castings  and some machine work for him on the job.    He made a  little money on the deal but he  somehow let them screw him out of it. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

Cedarman

Many, many people have lots of ideas big and small.  A few will devote the time, energy and money to success or failure.
Big ideas are cheap. Implementing those ideas is expensive and can be all consuming.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Okrafarmer

Taylor, unfortunately, I am a big idea guy, but not a mechanically savvy guy. I can figure out what ought to be done, and sometimes a ghost idea of how, but never the details. Sounds like you went much farther with the idea than I ever could.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Taylortractornut

I m just lazier lol.     I helped put in about  500 feet the old way and went to the shop over a couple weekends it was raining.     I dont have alot of original ideas myself but am more of a Chinese engineer.
My overload permit starts after sunset

metalspinner

Jeff,
I liked that video, too. :)

My favorate segment is at the 4 minute mark. "Sony is smart - too smart."  :D

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Taylortractornut on April 02, 2012, 01:45:08 AMI dont have alot of original ideas myself but am more of a Chinese engineer.

You just need a skilled and trusted marketer. BTW, my BIL just moved to China to help oversee factories over there.  ::)

Al_Smith

I've mentioned my old deceased buddy Darrel the farmer many times .Collectively in half drunken stuper we both hatched great plans .Darrel never made a dime from them but he saved himself a ton of money in the process and left this world a multi millionare .

Good old Ben Franklin once said a penny saved is a penny earned .Well now of days with taxes etc it amounts to a lot more than a penny so good ideas can pay off in more ways  than extreme riches .However just as sure as I mention that some smart alec politician will figure a method to tax us on money we saved by not spending it .

Cedarman

I would say they are getting ready to tax our savings.  If inflation kicks in, there goes your savings.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

If you want FDIC insured, your money is no good anyway.  1%   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

At this rate, they're likely to tax our IDEAS before we ever act on them, so maybe we shouldn't blab all our inventions for them to find out about.....  :-[ >:(

Okrafarmer

FDIC means For Dose In Charge.  I could give it some other meanings, but that would definitely get it bumped to the restricted topics.

metalspinner

Corn bread hot dog buns!  Corny Buns. :D 8) 8)

metalspinner

A baking pan to cook the corny buns at home.  I can almost here the 800 commercials now.

Call in the next ten minutes and we will double your order. That's two corny dog pans for the low, low price of just 19.99.  Just pay seperate processing and shipping.

Thank You Sponsors!