iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidder modifications

Started by jdeere540a, November 02, 2015, 05:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeere540a

i was wondering if anybody has put a thumb or small grapple on the side of there blade.  i know a guy that had an old jd 440 with one and i have been thinking about making one for my 540a to bunch small hitches of firewood and stuff.  i was looking for pictures or ideas.

coxy

a lot of the skidders in Canada have them  last year we sent one to the bone yard off a 518 cat

Spartan

theres a video on youtube of a timberjack that had one.  Can't remember the model.  I can't see where I would use one, would probably smash it in a day.
I think this one was mounted to the front of the blade, which IMO makes the blade useless.  And I use my dozer A LOT!

Spartan

https://youtu.be/Cz89Y2HYCtI
here it is.  Not exactly on the front as I remember it.

thecfarm

I use to see the one that Spartan posted years ago. I have not seen one in 15 years now. I went to a show and asked a guy with a heavy French accent what that was and he said a delimber.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

The 1986 C6D Tree Farmer i had,had an accumulator on the blade originally,but it was not on the machine when i bought it. I used the extra hydraulic valve to make a hydraulic tree pusher.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Spartan

Quote from: thecfarm on November 03, 2015, 05:41:54 AM
I use to see the one that Spartan posted years ago. I have not seen one in 15 years now. I went to a show and asked a guy with a heavy French accent what that was and he said a delimber.

I wonder how that would work without the tree being anchored somewhere

jdeere540a

that one on youtube was just what i was thinking about.  though one would be handy when clearing house lots and stuff to make bunches of small wood.

Thank You Sponsors!