iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Display

Started by Magicman, October 03, 2009, 07:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Today was our "Ole Brook Festival" here in Brookhaven.  The Lincoln County Forestry Ass'n (I am serving as President this year) had a display featuring six David Arthur plaques.  They showed the progression of an oak tree from acorn, tree, dead tree, rotting tree on the ground & being eaten by insects, etc, then back to the soil.  We had hundreds of folks to stop and look at our display.

Here's a picture of the display.

Here I am with the display and a shameless advertisement for WM and The Knowhole Sawmill.  The small sign on the left says that I am proud to be a native of Red Lick, Ms..... :D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pasbuild

multie tasking (sp?) at its best, taking care of your obligations with the forestry ass. and throwing in a little advertising on the side, actually gives ya more ta talk about with the public  8) 
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Dave Shepard

Very nice! Without education, we are all in trouble.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Yup, keep up the good work. Directors and chairmen at our local association always made themselves scarce during them trade shows. It was always up to staff. Now a days there isn't much news or courses coming out of that place. Sad bunch I have to say, but budgets are shoe string as wood sales are way way down the toilet.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

nas

That shirt also looks like a plug for the Dutch soccer team. ;D
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Magicman

Quote from: nas on October 04, 2009, 02:23:31 PM
That shirt also looks like a plug for the Dutch soccer team. ;D

At least I did pick up two saw jobs, one from what will be a new customer..... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!