iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mom’s Amaryllis

Started by metalspinner, April 10, 2021, 06:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

I just walked out into the patio and this Amaryllis was showing off it's bright red bloom. 
Last fall, I was down in NOLA helping Mom clean her gardens out. She had a huge patch of these bulbs she wanted to divide. Each of my sisters and I got a big bag of them. 

We lost Mom to COVID on December   27. Dad passed away three years ago on December 26. 

Both she and my Dad were avid gardeners. Dad's favorite was his rose bushes. It was amazing that he could make anything grow the way he did. 
I remember as a little kid tracking through the swamps of south Louisiana with Dad hunting for Iris plants. Everyone in the neighborhood always would ask where he bought them. 😂
Anyway, I saw this Amaryllis and thought of Mom. 😔

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

Nice blooms. Great memories of your mom and dad will hit you throughout life. They do me, from dad,  grandparents and uncles, had lots of good times. Spoiled rotten most of the time. Dad used to say: "where are those spoiled rotten kids when you need'm?" We was hiding, from work, not dad. Never laid a hand on us. :D I do know how to work though. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

Metalspinner, my heart goes out to you. Parents are hard to lose. 
Say when

Nebraska

Beautiful flowers, bet you had awsome parents, sorry for your loss.

Thank You Sponsors!