iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky rancher 55

Started by fivedogs, September 09, 2007, 05:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fivedogs

my husky stops oiling after a few cuts  remove the bar  clean it  same problem  after a few cuts do i need a new bar?  drill out the oil ports ?  any help

Dale Hatfield

Does it really start oiling?  Check to see if it is really working before  you cut with it.
Are the oil ports in the bar really clean? I hade one that a long sliver in it that would  plug off  when things needed to work.
If it has an adjustable oil pump turn it all the way up  and see what  happens.
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

sawguy21

Remove the bar and run the saw at half NOT full throttle. You should get a steady flow of oil. You are using clean chain oil? One logger I dealt with insisted on the drainings from the diesel crawler. Then he was mad at me for charging him to service the saw. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ladylake

Does the oil tank have a vent, if so it could be clogged not letting air in and oil out after a few cuts. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Tom

It' s not just the oil hole that needs cleaning, make sure the groove in the bar is clean too.  It will get packed with sawdust and dirt.   :)

oldsaw

Is your chain sharp?  A dull chain creates more dust than chips which can plug things up.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

snowman

At the risk of repeating myself :D, I posted in here yesterday about just buying a Dolmar. I was going to buy a rancher but the  mechanic at the saw shop saw shop talked me out of it. Said the new rancher was junk. One of the problems he  said it had was a faulty oiler.

sawguy21

Was he talking about the same saw? The new 455 is also called Rancher, we have sold a few and no complaints....yet ::)

little Bark

I just got a husky 350 back in the spring.  The oiler just stoped working on it this past Sat.  I haven't had time to figure it out yet.  Most likely going to take it to a shop.
Always use the rite tool for the job.

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.

Have you removed the bar, and cleaned the groove and oil holes, to see if it is just plugged?

Also, might browse through the chainsaw board, to review some of the past discussions about oilers on chainsaws.   Just might give you a clue, or a heads up, before the shop trip.

:) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

little Bark

I did all the standard cleaning.  The saw is still under warrenty.  After I cleaned everything I took the bar off and ran the saw at about 1/3 - 1/4 speed and nothing.  I would think I should see oil at that speed.
Always use the rite tool for the job.

sawguy21

Yes you should. Either the pick up is plugged or the pump has failed.

Thank You Sponsors!