Mcculloch D30 chainsaw

Started by Stefcarse, October 15, 2021, 09:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefcarse

Hi everyone, is there someone who can tell me the part number for the cranshaft oil seal on a Mac D30 and where i can buy it. Thanks!

sawguy21

That saw is somewhat older than you are! :) You will likely have to gently remove it and have a bearing supply house match it up, OEM parts are long gone but maybe @Al_Smith can help. He is the ancient Mac guru.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

I'm not sure if the big black book goes back that far .I may have to refer to the micro fiche or the Mc Bob cd rom .If I can find it  I'll go to the master interchange book and cross reference it with CR seals . I'll take a peek in the morning . Generally speaking you can find nearly every CR seal ever made usually inexpensively on E-Bay . As a side note after much investigation I found the illusive clutch side seal for the Stihl 042 and 048 by using the size given in the IPL .

Al_Smith

Wow I had to get into the McBob cd to find this one .McCulloch # 104128 CR (SKF )7414 ,both sides  .75 x 1.124 x .88 
They only made this saw about one year .It had a pinion gear starter on it .By that I don't think it proved to be a big seller .Rather odd in it appears to use needle bearings on both sides of the crankshaft where usually it was a needle on one and a ball bearing on the other .Plus the rod bearing had a two piece cage that clipped over the needles .
In looking at the IPL it has a rather odd oiling system I haven't quite figured out .Then again I've never seen this model .At any rate E-bay has several for sale as I type