iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawed Rusty's pine this weekend

Started by Tom, June 08, 2003, 04:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Rusty is always getting pretty longleaf pine.  Being a framing contractor he is around a considerable amount of lot clearing and I get to saw his pine, cypress and anything else he finds that's interesting.  Here is some of the pine that we sawed this weekend.  These pieces were from a tree that had been damaged in high winds or something because the heartwood was irregular and the trees had developed an unusual amount of "lighter".

Furby

BW_Williams

Tom, will those boards dry straight?
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

CHARLIE

Tom, that is some fine looking clear longleaf pine!  It's tough to find clear pine up this way and it's more expensive than oak if you can find it.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

BW_Williams,
The chances of it drying straight are pretty good.  I cut as much of the stress out as I can, try to keep the heart centered but can't do anything about the crooked tree.  The "lightered" usually cups and warps less than regular pine. I don't know why but feel that it may be that the sap is already crystalized and the cells have sealed and contain little, if any, water.  Still, the design of the drying stack will have a lot to do with it.  Rusty is good at building sticker stacks and I have no doubt that this wood will be pristine flooring before long. :)

Charlie.
You should have seen the really good stuff we cut.  There were 16 foot 1x8's with no flaws and boxed heart 4x8's  with a few small knots the size of a pencil eraser if they had any at all.

woodmills1

nice looking stuff.  we have a pine we call hard pine, among other names, that looks kinda similiar.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!