iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baker Blue Streak 3665D

Started by Horselog, January 28, 2016, 07:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclvsall

The feed valve locks in forward but not reverse. The feed speed is adjustable with a separate hydraulic flow control valve.   
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.  Ben Franklin

4x4American

Thanks for all your help..one more Q, if it hits the end of the track on cruise control and you're off stacking a board is there something that would stop it from tryin to keep moving forward or will it just keep psi there until something wears out/breaks?
Boy, back in my day..

jclvsall

No she slams like hulk hogan body slamming andre the giant!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.  Ben Franklin

ladylake

When hitting the end of the track on hyd machines oil is just pumped through the relief valve, no harm unless you left it pumping for a long time which would heat up the oil.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

4x4American

hahahaha thats a good one, so does my wm.  I hadn't thought about a relief valve...durr!  Thanks
Boy, back in my day..

Bluejay27

Us electric feed guys ruin a motor instead. Although if you have an autoclutch, you can wire in a switch and bumper to kill the autoclutch and power feed. It just takes 2 relays and some diodes, the NC terminal lets the normal signal through, but when the switch closes, the relays close. This kills power to the power feed and sends the autoclutch "on" signal to the NO terminal and down the "off" wire (12v at either results in that signal, not 0v for off). And the diodes pass the on signal back to the relays to hold them on until the signal is off (you manually cycle autoclutch and power feed off).

Just a tip so you guys aren't crashing into the end, although I don't know how it could be done hydraulically aside from like a log splitter where high enough pressure kicks the lever off on the return cycle. And maybe add a spring loaded crash plate at the end.
'98 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD42 Super, '08 LT40HDG28, '15 LT70HDD55-RW, '93 Clark GPX25 Forklift, '99 Ford F550

4x4American

On the 3665 it looks like the hydraulic valves will get in the way if you try to drag back a wide board...how wide of a board can you fit through that opening there before you start hitting the operator controls?
Boy, back in my day..

jclvsall

Carson-saws

jclvsall....sounds like you are very happy with your BAKER...can't say as I blame ya.. Meant to ask...did you ground your dust collection system? As far as through the tubing.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

jclvsall

Yes we love our baker.  Our dust collector is not on sight.  Believe it or not we are pushing a million feet and still shoveling! 

We talked about hooking it up this week though.  Seems we will have some extra time.

After saying i never tore into the up down mechenism earlier in this post I have now!

3665 owners beware!!! The up down cogged belt run by the little hydraulic motor just in front of your face supprts the entire weight of the head believe it or not!!!  Last week we heard a pop while the head was moving down.  Heard it again yesterday.  Pulled the plate off to find the belt was a little loose.  We located the jack bolt running through the little alluminum block and turned to no avail.  Noticing the tensioner pully was tight to the frame we lossened the center bolt.  Thinking we should check the bearing inside the tensioner pulley we decided to just pull the bolt all the way out so we could remove the tensioner pully and inspect the bearing.  As soon as the tensioner pulley was free the belt flew off and the head went into a freefall.

Shattered both flange bearings on the bottom of the ball screw and drove the flange bearing collets up into the ball screw bearings destroying both of them!

So now I have tore into it.  Talk about Hulk Hogan bodyslamming Andre the giant!  That bad boy came crashing down!!!

Both Lee and I sat there shaking from the adrenaline and thanking the good Lord that belt didnt grab his arm and there were no body parts under the head at the time!!!

4x4American

Holy cow!!! Glad nobody got hurt- yikes! 
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

So how are ya making out with the repairs?
Boy, back in my day..

jclvsall

Got most of it back together today.  Went to the woods logging before we finished.   We have to recalibrate the position sensor yet and check head for level.  Then it's just replacing all the covers. 

4x4American

Maybe a warning label would be a good idea on Baker's part!

How do you like those bullet guides do you have to adjust them much or are they pretty trouble free?  Do they wear out bands?
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!