iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bucket truck question

Started by slider, December 22, 2014, 09:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

We are about to purchase another rope.Can some of you pro's send us in the right direction.We already have a decent 3/4 rope that's about 200 ft.The problem with it is the loose braid seems to snag on everything.We have been blocking off and lowering some nice size pieces so we need one that will stand some weight.Thanks for your help.al
al glenn

Reddog

Samson Stable braid

Yale Polydyne

Allgear Husky bullrope

Any of those three are the back bone of the arb industry.

slider

al glenn

brendonv

Keep in mind double braid ropes are better used in pulleys.

I use stable Braid.

If I'm using 100% natural crotch up to like 1000 lbs I'll ise arbor master
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

slider

Thanks Brendonv.I hope we are not bugging you pros with dumb questions.We have 3 scotch blocks now,one heavy and two for roping down.We are doing a job tomorrow,2 big pines that we can tie off to and drop and 2 that are going to half to be blocked off and roped down.One is a leaner but i'm confident that we can manage it.We priced this  by the hour to be fair with the customer.He was good with the quote.Al
al glenn

chet

Quote from: brendonv on January 16, 2015, 03:47:31 PM
Keep in mind double braid ropes are better used in pulleys.

I use stable Braid.

If I'm using 100% natural crotch up to like 1000 lbs I'll ise arbor master

smiley_thumbsup  Same here.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Reddog

Quote from: slider on January 16, 2015, 04:09:15 PM
We have 3 scotch blocks now,one heavy and two for roping down.

Not sure what a scotch block is.

You should look into rated Arborist Rigging Blocks and slings for heavy blocking/rigging.
Maybe you/we are talking the same thing just using different words.  ;)

slider

al glenn

Reddog

Arbor-Mill

Aren't scotch blocks used for winching?  Arborists blocks are smooth around the edges to ensure your rope will not be cut while running and have a much higher wll.   We have had great results with Yale polydyne in 5/8 diameter.  Runs smooth through the 6 ton DMM impact blocks and works well through x slings on redirects.  The extra stretch seems to be more forgiving on the climber when rigging in the tree.  I would recommend the rigging kits from any of the tree supply companies.  Well worth the money.  Good luck and stay safe.  Definetly don't go cheap when life and property are on the line!

DonT

I use the Allgear and like it,for light rigging I use half inch arbormaster brw or natural crotch rigging New England  three strand 1/2 inch safety blue.I use CMI blocks,the DMM blocks look nice,are they worth the extra dollars?

Thank You Sponsors!