iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40HD has landed!

Started by OneWithWood, November 04, 2002, 05:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

Yes!
I have accomplished two more goals per the grand plan to sawdust nirvana.  Friday my wife and I ventured up to Woodmizer Heaven in Indianapolis.  We were greeted by Gregg 'The Bear' who walked us through all the joys of WM ownership.  The folks at Woodmizer are truly wonderful people.  In my excitement to be picking up the mill and kiln I locked the keys in the truck in the ACC position.  After seven hours of training and paper chasing the truck was deader than the proverbial door nail.  Bear and company patiently helped me break into the truck, jump the battery and repair a blown fusible link late in the afternoon when I am sure they would rather have been heading for their homes to begin the weekend.  We finally loaded the kiln, hooked up the mill and headed south.  
Now everything is resting comfortably in the workshop waiting for me to catch up on cleaning up after the harvest so I can begin sawing lumber for the sawshed.  Boy, I am happy! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :) :) :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

Me too!  I love it when somebody gets a new sawmill, I don't care what kind it is.  The one you got is going to be a real winner though, believe me.

Pictures, take some pictures.  Did you take any while you were in Indianappolis? I like to see the Wood Mizer folks too.

I sure would like to see how the kiln is wrapped.  Is it just the hardware or are you provided with building plans too?

DanG

Allrighty, then! Congratulations, One.  I'm placing bets on whether you get all the clean-up done, before you throw a log on that mill. ;D  Does this mean you're gonna change your name to "Onewithsawmill"?

Your mention of locking the keys in, reminds me that I have a goodun for the "Dummies" thread. I'll try to post it later today.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bibbyman

I've had the pleasure of meeting Gregg at a WM demo years ago and have visited with him a couple of times since.  Always the gentleman, professional and great fun to talk with.  

Gregg Bear - WM service guy.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

FeltzE

Can we open up a POOL on when the first metal to metal contact of blade to mill will be?  ;D And maybe where will the first "contact" be?

Will it be a nail ??? will it be the clamp ??? will it be the stops ???

Don" worry it will happen eventually. Smile change blades and think to your self  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Best of luck and good sawmillin'

Eric

Bibbyman

Nah,  I'll bet he leaves the key on and runs down the battery before he cuts metal!  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

OneWithWood

:D :D :D
DanG Bibbyman you seem to know me so well . . .  :D

I thought about just going ahead and sawing into a dog while I was being trained just so I could get it over with :D :D

Tom, the kiln comes bare ass nekked.  Just the DH unit and the controls - in this case the upgraded Honeywell controls.  I have been told by many that Nyles will supply a set of plans for the asking.  Buidling the chamber seems fairly straight forward.  I think the major consideration is how best to load and unload the thing.  I am leaning towards a rail and cart system.

I bought the mill and kiln at this time to protect the income from the harvest.  The mill will most likely be snuggly stored until late spring when I hope to begin construction on the saw shed.  The kiln will next see the light of day when the shed is completed.

If you all want to start a pool start one up on how long it takes me to clean up the 300+ tops and plant 425 trees.  I have vowed to get this done before starting on the sawshed.  Did I mention I work 40 hours a week making a paycheck?  The timber business is a late night and weekend thing until I have it all ready to go.  O rso goes THE PLAN.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Kevin_H.

I wanted to just drop a little thought about Gregg and woodmizer. I bought my mill in oct of 97, Gregg did my training that day. this last year at the big WM party gregg walked up to me and called me by my first name, (now I did have a name tag on) and stated that he remember me and asked how my mill was doing...again truely impressed with the caliber of people that woodmizer takes the time to hire.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Tom

I used to have the same happen to me by "Stephen" in Newnan, Ga.  when he would see me at an agricultural fair. He would walk away from the display and stick his hand out and call me by name.  What I did to have impressed him with my name, I don't know, but I have always admired him for the attention.  

Sometimes folks don't say anything to you becaue they can't remember your name.  They turn away and try to act as if they didn't see you to avoid the embarrassment. But, it has always impressed me that some offered the recognition even if they had to say, "I can't remember your name".  

Thank You Sponsors!