iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I had went up to around 225 at deer season after not weighing myself all summer, but my clothes all fit the same. Pretty sure it was muscle gain from all the cabin work all summer.

However, in the 2 months since I closed the cabin, I had went up to 240. Still in the same clothes, but not comfortable. Im back down to 234 and plan on working on it until im back between 215 and 220. By then break up will be here and I wont havt to worry about it because ill be outide and active.  I just dont do well in the cold any more, so physical winter activities past keeping snow cleared are few.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mike_belben

Quote from: Jeff on May 16, 2021, 01:37:05 PM
Spent 5 days working at the cabin eating when and what I wanted. Got on the scales at 110.2
 I actually know when I need to eat now. I can get an empty tank now if I don't. It used to be I would eat to eat, eat to much and then not feel like doing anything.  Now if I don't eat when I am hungry I can feel my energy dropping, and then when I do eat, it is like getting my battery charged. I can feel the energy come back.
Quitting grains, processed food, cane sugar, corn syrup and seed oils has largely eliminated my continuual hungry state.  

When dabbling back into it i discovered that what i used to consider "hungry" is actually some form of indigestion.  I was raised on almost entirely industrial food and though i never got fat i never knew that there was such a thing as satisfied between meals.  Id go from full to hungry at all times.  It was actually from full to stomach ache to full to stomache ache ...

The first week of wheat withdrawal was intense craving all over like a true addict.  Now its slightly mental.  Every few weeks ill say what the heck.  Ill make big sandwhich that ive been dreaming about.. And its just not as good as i remember. Each time makes it easier to give up.  

Never weighed myself as its more about pain management and getting my wifes condition under control.  I certainly feel better.
Praise The Lord

Jeff

My problems have never been about being hungry. :)

metalspinner

I'm not trying to enter any contest. 

From the beginning of September to the beginning of October, I dropped 25 pounds. Which might not sound like a lot. But going from 179 to 154, you can really tell the difference. 
Then suddenly, I leveled off in the mid 150's. In December, I managed to put on a couple pounds and get back above 160. 
Now today, I'm back down to 154. 

The first 25 pounds came with zero appetite. I barely ate a thing for several weeks. Of course, Wifey signed me up to see the GP. He didn't see anything in the bloodwork, etc that would point to any issues. He said let's just wait it out. 
That's when things leveled out for a while. But now, today, the numbers are going down. I've noticed I don't have much of an appetite again. Only ate half my dinner last night and one piece of toast this morning. 
🙄
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

doc henderson

Well here we are again.  I think we all compete with our own will power.  We all were winners last time, but I am back where I started.  It is still good to try.  If you quit smoking every other year, for a year, as an analogy, it is still better than not.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

B.C.C. Lapp

But Doc I've read its bad for you to continually gain and lose weight.  That not true?

I got down to 165 from 200 over 18 months. Kinda quit trying to lose more then when I hit 165 and wife thought I was getting to thin.  Ive gained back 10 pounds of that.   I figure its time to start watching myself again. When I lost the weight everything improved, BS, BP, cholesterol, everything.   
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Ljohnsaw

I got down to 189 over the summer from 210 high in the winter. Felt great and lots of people noticed and thought I lost more than that. So, lots of muscle gain. Now I'm back up to 200.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Im in need of shedding some. Ive not been getting around good but still eating. Was in an mri for a total 90 minutes yesterday. Been jumping through onsurance hoops since spring to finally get to some testing that might give an answer. They threw 2 months of pt at me this spring that was required. It didnt help, so I headed for the cabin and dug my pond.

doc henderson

We were and are all winners, but Jeff you prob. won the contest if we were all about that.  good luck,
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!