iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best pre emission?

Started by Mainecoast, September 16, 2021, 07:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mainecoast

Hi I'm interested in getting a few extra chainsaws and I was hoping to get the model numbers of some real work horse saws that are pre emission. I currently have a 555 auto tune and it's been great. But still would like a few back up around the same size and smaller. Thinking if I bought an older model I could save on cost and maintenance!

Thanks 

Spike60

In the Husky family: Same size, Husky 357/359 chassis, (Jonsered 2156/2159) Smaller size the 346 is hard to beat. The generation before that, the 254/257/262 are all real nice saws. Easiest saws to work on I've ever seen. Drawback there however is parts for that family have really dried up the past 10 years. So, a complete saw in good shape needs to be a starting point. And once you have one, it's easy to get hooked on them, so grabbing beat up parts saws is a smart move.There are other tricks to keep them in service such as some parts from the more common 51/55 can be used.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Southside

Husky 372 or 372XP, proven, reliable, pro platform that just keep on working.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

ehp

371/372 , most likely the best proven saw ever made 

Mainecoast

So something along these lines.

EMAIL LINK DELETED , REFER TO POSTING RULES

HemlockKing

I have heard so much about the 372xp and how it's just a amazing saw. If I ever see one I'll half to grab one
A1

Thank You Sponsors!