iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pokin around

Started by donbj, August 29, 2022, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donbj

Haven't posted for a LOONG time. Been busy with other things. Sold where we were and just bought and getting settled. Still prowling for saws but haven't been nearly as involved for the last while. Just picked up a nice 380CD, needs the plastic handle but runs nice. And this nice 154SG that a friend had. I had worked on this one before and he decided to sell it.

I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Guydreads

It's been a while Don. Always enjoyed your posts and look forward to future ones! I like the "documentary" style that you do/just updates.

DHansen

Wow, nice looking 154SG

Spike60

Good to have you back Don. Real sweet 154G. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

donbj

Thanks you guys! Sticking to just Husky and Jonsered now. And a few Homelites for nostalgia sake. I sold the other brands as a package deal to another collector. I wasn't intending to get into them anyway but they just presented themselves. Much more manageable too.

Will probably start sniffin around more seriously again :D

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Real1shepherd

Quote from: donbj on August 30, 2022, 12:58:01 AM
Thanks you guys! Sticking to just Husky and Jonsered now. And a few Homelites for nostalgia sake. I sold the other brands as a package deal to another collector. I wasn't intending to get into them anyway but they just presented themselves. Much more manageable too.

Kudos(of course) on dealing with your two brand choices.;D I had been wondering if you had dropped off the map. I remember you talking though about new digs. As was said, sweet 154!

You seem to fall into more 394/2100 type saws than anyone I know of....hoping to hear more of those ventures......welcome back! And don't be afraid to dip you toe into the waters of old vintage Jonsered saws....they were and are great saws!

Kevin

donbj

Quote from: Real1shepherd on August 30, 2022, 11:43:59 AM
Quote from: donbj on August 30, 2022, 12:58:01 AM

Kudos(of course) on dealing with your two brand choices.;D I had been wondering if you had dropped off the map. I remember you talking though about new digs. As was said, sweet 154!

You seem to fall into more 394/2100 type saws than anyone I know of....hoping to hear more of those ventures......welcome back! And don't be afraid to dip you toe into the waters of old vintage Jonsered saws....they were and are great saws!

Kevin
Thanks! Yes I lean to the bigger cube saws. Just love em. I'm choked though. I missed a beauty of a 2101 by about an hour on a buy and sell around here. I was mad for two days!

Guydreads

@donbj I've had that happen WAYYYY too much where I live. I used to miss like a saw a day. Finally figured out the app, and I'm on top of all sales. Unfortunately, the "Saw Sale Season" is not in swing yet, because firewood season is out, and no one is discovering their "not running" saws. I think otherwise lol

Real1shepherd

Quote from: donbj on August 30, 2022, 12:05:31 PM
Thanks! Yes I lean to the bigger cube saws. Just love em. I’m choked though. I missed a beauty of a 2101 by about an hour on a buy and sell around here. I was mad for two days!
Whoa.....that's a bitter pill to swallow! Well, there seem to be a lot of those saws in your area....keep looking.

Kevin

dogone

I have had my 154 from new. It has an aluminum chain brake so I think it is first year production. Opened up muffler and opened and polished ports. Really perked it up but sure raised fuel consumption. 

donbj

This one is a bit shy on compression. I haven't fired it up since I got it. Last time I had anything to do with it was about a year ago or more

Real1shepherd

Quote from: donbj on August 31, 2022, 11:20:46 PM
This one is a bit shy on compression. I haven't fired it up since I got it. Last time I had anything to do with it was about a year ago or more
I'd peek at the intake piston side and the exhaust side just to make sure everything looks OK. Old Huskies like at least 125psi to run well.

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!