iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl lite bars

Started by rooster 58, November 23, 2022, 12:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster 58

Does anyone know where I can find a 25"  stihl lite bar? I'm wanting to buy a 500i, but the dealer only has the 20 or 28" lite bars. Or a regular 25" bar. Thanks all

DHansen

$150.00 for a 3/8 pitch .050 gauge 84 drive link 25" Stihl light bar.  In stock at Minneapolis Saw Co.  

YellowHammer

Sounds like you have already decided on the 25 inch bar, but I thought I would comment that I have the 500i with the 28" light bar and the saw is well balanced, is carried with the bar horizontal, and I can bury the bar and the saw will just eat in any hardwood I have, including rock maple and pecan.  I'm not sure it's faster than my 661, but iti sure is a lot lighter. Anyway, it's a beast with the 28 and I'm not sure it wouldn't be overpowered for a 25" bar.  Just thought I'd mention it.   

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

teakwood

I just bought Tsumura light bars on ebay, top notch quality made in Japan, about 60% of the price compared to stihl 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

421Altered

I agree with Yellowhammer.  I have the 500I with the Stihl 28" lite bar, and it flies thru pine logs.  I cut down and bucked a 27" diameter pine tree last week.  It was like child's play for it!  

Bostonstrong

Do your shopping for the Stihl Light bars.  I bought one in Sept from my local Stihl dealer.....119.99 for the 25".
"Men invent new ideals because they dare not attempt old ideals. They look forward with enthusiasm, because they are afraid to look back."
G.K. Chesterton

doc henderson

stop playing, get the 28 inch bar.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

ehp

stihl is showing lots of 25 and 28 inch in stock, No 20 inch light weight in stock at the factory ware house 

weimedog

Wish my local dealer actually carried the "Light" bars. The Tsumara's didn't fly around here as the tips didn't hold up. Stihl bars do. Any of their pro level bars. The Husqvarna bars do as well and now we have a Sugihara painted in Husqvarna colors as really the only fair competition to the "light" Stihls for the stuff around these parts. Really tough to beat the Stihl bars for the money & durability from what I see.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Woodfarmer

I have yet to ruin a tsumura bar tip and I do a lot more boring on these Ash then I ever used too.

ehp

WF if you find any of the laser bars up here they are the same thing , I have ran lots of the Tsumara bars and yes the tips are easy to make the chain skip in beside the gear in the tip ,

ehp

other bar companies sell the same bar under a different name 

Seachaser

So laser makes Stihl light bars?

barbender

I tried to buy a Stihl 25" light bar at the local dealer the other day, none in stock at the dealer or from Stihl.
Too many irons in the fire

JimStC

NOTE FROM ADMIN. READ POSTING RULES. EBAY LINKS NOT ALLOWED. RULES LINK ON BOTTOM OF EVERY PAGE.
I have bought two 25" Stihl light bars from this seller. He includes a Stihl chain with the purchase.

Just noticed that the link is blocked. Seesawrun is the seller.

Seachaser

My 500i has been on order for more than a month. I told him to try to get the 32 lite, but I'd take the longest he can get. 

ehp

No stihl bars are different. We were talking Lazer.. stihl is claiming they are having trouble getting the steel to make the bars but I do know that when a shipment up here comes in most times it's 100 plus bars at that length and stock changes all the time

JimStC

Quote from: JimStC on January 31, 2023, 10:00:50 AM
NOTE FROM ADMIN. READ POSTING RULES. EBAY LINKS NOT ALLOWED. RULES LINK ON BOTTOM OF EVERY PAGE.
I have bought two 25" Stihl light bars from this seller. He includes a Stihl chain with the purchase.

Just noticed that the link is blocked. Seesawrun is the seller.
Great. I can give the guy easy access to what he is trying to buy and you block it. Those are some really smart rules and no I don't plan to read them. Because, if I do what will you do to establish your worth to this forum?

Jeff

You can always find another forum where the rules are agreeable to you. The rule you broke has been a rule for 2 decades for good reason, how long have you been a member? Thanks for letting us know you do not care about our rules, as it makes our job much easier if you break another.

And, your link was no good anyhow....
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!