Some things I found out having cancer

Started by 51cub, November 30, 2022, 05:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

So I haven't been around in awhile, I let too many things get ahead of me, so this is as good a story to come back with as any. I found out in April I have cancer. They told me there's less than 1% chance of an infection after the biopsy. I get to be the guy that meets the criteria! They have some antibiotics that clean EVERYTHING out of your system, I'm here to tell ya. I left the hospital with a catheter. Catheters are only fun for a day or two. I don't like hormones. The shots aren't bad, but the hot flashes and mood swings are murder! Heaven help anybody that comes to my house when me and the cat are both feeling our oats! Oh well. Funny things happen too. Tomorrow I have to get 2 little gold coils put in. From what I've heard, they look just like the spring in a pen, but smaller. I was talking to a friend about it and she asked me; so, is there a recovery time after this or will you just bounce back !!smiley_bounce  smiley_blue_bounce
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

I'm a hoping for a bouncy back too!!!!  smiley_blue_bounce 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Magicman

Here is wishing you the best during this journey.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

51cub

Thank you MM. I appreciate the thought. I got this knocked. I'm so blessed with family, neighbors, friends nearby, and on this forum. I live where it took me 40 years to get to, but I made it. I got a dream job. Everything happens for a reason. Only good will come out of it

Ed_K

I hope you can wipe this cancer  :snowball: . Less than 1.% is a great number. Watch out for the mood swings, I got Rita pretty mad one day. It's the Dexamethasone that does it to me  :o >:( :(.
Ed K

Don P

Being observant and all, I knew I had slightly pithed her off when she looked over and said "Happy DnGed Birthday".
And as the Dutch say "and many more in good health!"

51cub

Quote from: Ed_K on December 03, 2022, 10:50:50 AM
I hope you can wipe this cancer  :snowball: . Less than 1.% is a great number. Watch out for the mood swings, I got Rita pretty mad one day. It's the Dexamethasone that does it to me  :o >:( :(.
They gave me Dexamethasone after the gold coil procedure. I hope it doesn't work on me like the hormones do. Thankfully I only have 2 more days of the Dexa

Ed_K

Once your done with the gold, try to do some workouts or just walking. My neighbor at the end of my drive had the gold pellets but when he got home he didn't do as the doctor advised. Now he just sits in his recliner and watch's law an order reruns. We all try to get him to walk with me as I have to walk or I loose my energy.
Ed K

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bruno of NH

Sorry to hear this brother 
Hope your feeling good soon.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

51cub

Thanks everybody. I've been thinking about you , Bruno. I got to get over to see you one of these days. I've been working pretty much every other day lately so it's been tough to even do anything around the house lately. I'll get over there though. Been awhile, I want to see the changes