Chronic Rhinosinusitus

Started by SwampDonkey, December 16, 2022, 02:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

It ain't fun, have had it over 2 weeks now. All in my sinuses, and a little tickle in the throat that comes and goes. Nostrils are dry at times, then runs at other times, sinuses always plugged. Apparently can have it for weeks. Anyone else want to share a miserable cold story. ::) I haven't had a cold in years, I guess it's my turn. Got it at a grocery store most likely.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gary_C

I was diagnosed with what was called vasomotor rhinitis many years ago and have learned to live with the problem ever since. At the time the doctor gave me prescriptions for ipratropium bromide and I think fluticasone plus a recommendation for a sinus rinse (Neilmed). I've used those three things for over a year and the clearing of the sinuses is just temporary. So now I've just learned to live with the problem and don't take anything. I recently asked my doctor about restarting medication and she did not encourage using anything. Extended use of most decongestants can cause high blood pressure issues. 

I suspect some of my problem is caused by excessive exposure to smoke from feeding my OWB though I seem to have issues in the summer as well as winter. Here is one explanation of the problem. Nonallergic rhinitis
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

thecfarm

I had to google that one. But can last 12 weeks!!! And then the symptoms start before that.
Good luck. 
Knee surgery don't last that long.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

I had a bout with something at Thanksgiving. Felt fine, but a bad cough and lost my voice. My mother and sisters have rsv two weeks now and not letting up. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on December 17, 2022, 07:44:36 AM

Knee surgery don't last that long.  :)
:D :D :D  I wonder if brain surgery is a cure?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old saw fixer

I have been plagued with a stuffy, runny nose and constant post nasal drip for years.  Finally the Doc ordered an allergy blood scan and found the only thing I am allergic to is dust mite feces!  Now I need to get an air purifier for the house.  Trying to find out if I can get it with a script from Medicare or my Part D insurance...

Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Ed_K

I've had all them it's bothered me for 15 yrs. Now in the last 4 yrs my left eye waters all the time unless I snort some flonase 2 or 3 squirts ea side. 
Ed K

troy54

It's true that it's a really unpleasant sensation, I've already experienced it and it's very embarrassing.