iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered 630

Started by Coon, October 08, 2005, 04:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

How do I remove the drive sprocket on my 630 Jonsered??  It looks as if it would be easy but its not......  I can't break the bolt loose......

I have to get it off so I can replace the oiler drive.  Need the saw tomorrow and have the new oiler drive.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sawguy21

It is left hand thread so loosens turned clockwise. I knot a piece of starter rope, drop it through the plug hole and bring the piston up against it. Be careful not to get the rope jammed in a cylinder port or you will have a challenge.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

Thanks Sawguy.  I'll go give that a try.  Need to get cutting firewood asap.
Thanks again.

Coon

The oiler now works a bit better than it did before but I  found some more of the problem.  The small little shaft that drives this oiler drive has splines on it that show wear.  I wonder why......  The saw was built in 1983 and has fell over 5 million board feet worth of saw logs, as well as limbing, bucking, and numerous cords of firewood.  I think I am on my third set of piston rings and my uncle had had it rebuilt once beofore he sold me the saw.   

sawguy21

If that is the original pump, I am not surprised. That 22 year old  jonny has a lot of hours on it
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

The saw sure does have its share of hours on it.  I have put many of them on it as I used to work for the previous owner.  I bought the saw after he decided that the number of hours were getting up there and the saw was a little small for his operations. He went to Husky at that point.  He still can not believe the saw is still running.   Went back through my paperwork and in the last three years I have used a whole 100' roll of chain.  The saw will be used as a second saw later this winter as I a going to buy a new saw.

Chris J

Jonsered needs to feature you and that 630 in an advertising campaign.  That saw has earned its keep several times over!
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Coon

I owe that saw a few years of my life, it has brought home the bread and butter.  Without that saw I wouldn't be here today (Doing the things that I do), for I would have probably long ago given up on logging and gone to do more of the many stupid things I've yet to experience in life!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!