iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shingle-Lap Siding Attachment

Started by shopteacher, March 26, 2006, 05:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

I need to cut lap siding for 3 small sheds that my construction class are building.  Can anyone supply me with some dimensions off of one they might have.  I have the iron for the frame, but don't know the length or width I should make it. Also would like to know the diameter of the cams that lift the frame off the mill bed and cock the shingle blocks up.  I would like to know the distance the rod (that the cams are on) are above the bottom of the frame.   If I have time before the end of the school year I'd like to cut shingles for them also.  Any info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

tnlogger

shop teach  arky made a jig  to out on wanda to cut 4/4 into lap siding but I cant find the DanG  post with it  :)
gene

sawmill_john

Here's a link to some info that might be helpful.

http://www.cedar-siding.org/cedar_products/specifying-siding/products-and-sizes.htm

I can't find the site, but at one time I had the info for the standard taper of all the sizes.

john

Quebecnewf

I to am lookingto cut some lap siding on my Baker Bandmill. Any ideas or plans on how to make a jig or rig to do this. I only need to cut a small amount so I don't want to buy a special factory built attachment

Paul

Quebecnewf

ronwood

Quebecnewf

If you have not had a chance take a look at the link that IAIN posted. Shows the method that Arksansawyer uses. Would seem to be the best way to do it if you have a bandmill and want to do it cheaply.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Thank You Sponsors!