iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chipper Knives

Started by farmerdoug, December 27, 2008, 12:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerdoug

I have a couple of sets of new chipper knives.  One set is double edged with three holes in the middle and is stamped 'Bandit 517' and is 7 1/4 inches long.  The other is single sided, no holes, 12 inches long and is stamped Asplundh Tree Expert.

Any ideas on what machines these fit and value?  Or other uses you guys can think of?  I will post pictures tonight and may post them for sale if anyone has a use for them.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

I have found that the 12 inch ones are for Asplundh/Bandit 12" drum chippers.  The 7 1/4 inch ones are for Bandit models 100, 150, 250, Morbark models 100, 200, 290, Eeger Beever, 2060 Cyclone, etc.

Does anyone have a use for these?
Doug
Fargo, MI

VT

Doug , my Vermeer chipper knives were 30.00 each x 4 knives.
You run 2 sets so the striker plate is adjusted (once on 2 sets)when the second sharpen set gets install for less down time.

width is as important as lenght of the cutting knife , since the metal is ground away for making them sharp again . the one with holes is what im use to , so the thickness of the metal knife is the minimum distance of the cutting root to the hole, after that the knife / blade is worn past it's safe use for sharping. Mine i get to grind about 1 inch or 22mm till there worn past safe.

VT

VT

farmerdoug

YT,  Sometimes posts do not go through for me.  Try posting again.
Doug
Fargo, MI

VT

Thank You Sponsors!