iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

partner 500

Started by old 030, June 12, 2011, 09:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old 030

just picked up one of these yesterday, couldn't pass it up for 50 bucks, wanted to see if anyone knows if a husky cylinder/piston (looks like a model 50,51,55) will work on these saws, any info would be great, thanks

sawguy21

Partner was a division of Husqvarna but I don't know that parts were interchangeable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

old 030

thanks sawguy, not that mine needs rebuilt, it runs great, just wanted to know if the husky parts will fit, i'll most likely find out on my own, thanks for you're input

cgk60

I've got a husky 55 that i put on a closed port   partner 5000 plus top end.The 500 is an open port I believe still would work. the top ends on husky and partner 5000, 500 are iinterchangable.

old 030

thanks cgk60, husky parts shure looked like they work to me, what is the differance on closed port or open port cylinder/piston assy.'s?, please let me know, thanks

Chris J

I think that the Partner 500 is basically the same saw as the Jonsered 490, & possibly the 49SP; I'm not sure about a Husqvarna equivalent.  Jonsered had purchased Partner, and used the P500 as the basis for the 490.  At some later date Husqvarna (or was it Elctrolux?, who also owned Husqvarna) purchased Jonsered.  The Partner/Jonsered/Husqvarna/Electrolux history gets very complicated.

Ports are openings on the side of the cylinders, but not the intake & exhaust ports.Open ports are long openings where you can see where they start and where they end at the bottom of the cylinder (hard for me to describe).   Closed ports are 'covered' in the middle.   The closed ports create better compression,  making the saw run stronger.

If I can get some photos to load,  you'll see what I mean.

Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Chris J

I sure hope that this works.

Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

saw_nut

old 030

thanks chris j, what youv'e shown is what i allways thought was the differance between open or closed ports, but never had anyone show me, again, thanks for the info, old 030

Thank You Sponsors!