iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Source For Tools

Started by Phorester, September 08, 2012, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorester

Some of you are probably familiar with this, but yesterday I discovered that a local auction house has an occasional "hardware auction" every 2 - 3 months. They get items from hardware stores that have gone out of business, items that are damaged, items that a store can't sell because the carton is damaged but the item is in perfectly good order, etc. This one had almost everything you would find in a hardware store.  It was held at a local county fairground. They had 3 big barns full of nails, paints, paint brushes, sandpaper, fertilizers, hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, coolers, bird seed, bird feeders, pots & pans, motor oil, chainsaw bar oil, extension cords to 100', tool boxes, step ladders, extension ladders to 40', screws, bags of charcoal, shovels, sledge hammers, picks, shop lights, light bulbs, etc., etc., etc........  Everything brand new.  Everything auctioned to highest bidder, no reserves, no minimum bids.  Some people were getting $20 items for $1.

I got an 8' aluminum step ladder, retail sticker $80, for $22.  2 surge protectors, retail price $40, for $7. Best deal I got - two boxes of about 40 open end wrenches, metric and standard, retail prices totaling $330.  Paid $49 for them all.

Thank You Sponsors!