iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

562xp

Started by saymoe1984, December 16, 2014, 08:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saymoe1984

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any problems with 562's. Mine has never ran right for over a year. The dealer has really taken care of me with several repairs,well after the 90 day warranty was up. Then the crank bearings went the mechanic called Husqvarna they told him to give me a new saw free 15 months after purchase.I am very amazed at the awesome customer service. The new saw runs perfect after 4 tanks and seems to scream like it should

BargeMonkey

Ive got 4 of them. 2 of them have been replaced thru the dealer already for crank bearings. They are a nice light saw, and can cut some ok size stuff, but im all done buyingthem. 372 is still the best saw ever made.  8)

jd540b

I think husky knows they are junk too.  The 562 and the 550's.  They gave me pistons and heads and replaced both of mine after a yr..i'm with you Bargemonkey-i won't be wasting money on another one.  Prob go back to 372 as well.  A bit more $$ and a bit heavier but reliable.

Ed_K

Mine's gone back for sucking air,free repair also.Other than that it's been a great saw. Yesterday I finally got the new to me 372 out and ran it for a day, the 562 is now a landing saw  ;D. Wish I'd bought a 372 15yrs ago  8) .
Ed K

cbla

Had mine for about 6 months and knock on wood no problems. I was told that the first run (2012) had the problems but Husqvarna fixed the issues on the new ones. I hope so.

BargeMonkey

For the average homeowner who cuts firewood or the odd tree they are a good saw. My father keeps one by the mill for slabs and the odd bump on a log. For a dedicated saw in the woods, im not sold. Myself and another guy on a good day will drop 90-130 trees, thats limbed, topped and hooked if we can, a 562 does ok with stuff in the 18-22" region but they just dont take the abuse, the dogs are light, crank bearings have plastic cages, but its marketed as a "PRO" saw.. The parts are out there for the 3 series saws,  even aftermarket stuff isnt to bad. Yeah its a touch heavier, but having 1 saw that will do it all is worth it to me. 

saymoe1984

I've been told the xtorq 372's have plastic cages in the crank bearings now too I had one run hard for two years tho but the one before that ran for 7. And a guy that cuts for me plugs along with his 455 rancher 30 to 40 cord per week he's even pretty good at bore cutting 20 inch and up ash

HiTech

I could be wrong but sometimes I think what we put into the saw tells the story of how they last. I use the Husky XP oil and hi-test gas. I always make the mix a little richer than 50-1. If one jug does 2 1/2 gallons I will put 2.3 gallons of gas in. I have seen guys use anything that will explode and send the piston up and down. To me these saws cost to much money to abuse.

celliott

Alot of newer saws have plastic bearing cages.
I think Stihl's been using them for awhile now in a few different saws.
Yes the Xtorq 372's and 2172's have plastic cages.
It isn't necessarily a bad thing, the root cause of the problems is likely something else.
I've heard the Xtorq 372's really need to be running 32:1. 50:1 and they don't hold up long.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

ehp

Stihl has been using plastic cages for years , at 50-1 your more likely to see bearing problems , I use to run 32-1 but now running 40-1 with stihl oil , not sure what its called but in the white bottle with orange cap, I believe todays oil is better than oil 20 years ago so that is why I went to 40-1 . I run high test gas and so far I have never had a single bearing problem in the over 30 years of logging , big thing today is if your gas has ethanol in it it burns real dry so alot harder on engine parts , more oil takes most of those problems away

thecfarm

I fried one 372 running 50:1. The dealer thought sure I was not mixing my gas right.  ::) I dropped down to 40:1 and had no problems at all in about 10 years. I buy the high test gas too,for all my small motors. I have no proof that it works,but I like to do it that way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

32:1 for me after a crank bearing failure at 50:1. I've never fouled a plug, and no carbon build up either.
Too many irons in the fire

ehp

if you set your carb correct you should never have a carbon problem, I use to run shell xtc-50 in my saws at 20-1 for years but I was having trouble getting this oil so went with stihl sense I moved down here from up north , Big thing for me was when they first brought out the 371 it had crank bearing trouble big time up north then the 385 which ate more crank bearing than any other husky saw they ever made , my dealer up north use to stock 4 complete 385 crankcases just because so many bearing failures and husky was warrantry all these saws , dealer asked why no bearing trouble with any of our saws and at that time we were running 7 skidders so alot of saws and I told him, now up there they tell you 32-1 or 40-1 depends on the oil you use and hardly any bearing problems

Thank You Sponsors!