iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'Nother Hoss for da Farm

Started by Magicman, September 17, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

PatD said that the governor had to go.  Well not removed nor disabled, but tightened up a bit.

Here she and Ben are lining up for a drag race.  Marty's ride easily outdistanced hers before the adjustment but it will not now!  :o  Dat woman is crazy!!  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Marty made another addition to his construction business today with this additional "Hoss", seen here with his two Sons; Ben & Luke.  It's a Vermeer PTX 44.

Marty at the controls.

And then my 'former' tailgunner.  Looks like it's YOYO for me.  :-X   (You're On Your Own.)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

Can he back it off a trailer as good as I might.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Marty

Jeff. You are the Mack Daddy of trailer unloading. 

Crusarius

Those vermeers are dead sexy machines!

Bruno of NH

Marty
Lots of work for one of your machines around NH and Vt.
Running fiber to all the rual towns for internet access. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

This all began back on Reply #173 when the output shaft snapped off of one of the gearboxes on my Bushhog 3008.  I finally received the two replacement gearboxes in Reply #191 & 193. 

So Marty and I were finally able to find time to remove the wheels and

Load it up to be brought to his shop.

Unloaded and ready for some wrenching.

The sheared off shaft is seen on the left.

Two new gearboxes installed.

@$500 each, the old stumpjumpers are reused.

The topside before connecting the input shafts.

Back in business and I am happy even if it did take 11 months.  September, October, & November are my Bushhogging months so nothing was lost.

randy d

Here is da new horse. 4066 John Deere 65 horse. Rear tires are filled with rim guard. With a CID grapple The cab has all the bells and whistles.   

Really happy with this set up so far. I have had the grapple for 2 years.

Magicman

Wow Sir, That is One Mean Green.  Congratulations !!!

Magicman

The new Bushhog gearboxes got a royal workout this week.  As you can tell by the Sweetgum and Persimmon saplings beyond the tractor, it was much needed because nothing was clipped after an output shaft broke last year.

It wasn't just me because PatD was plenty busy on the ZT.

Magicman

Oh, and then Marty, Ben, & Luke brought the excavator and provided manpower for replacing a post under the Strawhouse:

The front left post was replaced.  It is 14' tall with 4' in the ground. 

OK, as you can tell by the roof line I got the camera a bit crooked but at least the house is straight.  I'll have to confess that the temporary 5th post kinda seen in the center at an angle is Sweetgum !!

We still have to replace the left rear post which is also rotted off at the ground, but that will be another day.  The Strawhouse is safe to use temporarily as it is now. 

Magicman

This time it was Luke and he got a REAL Hoss.

2017 Mustang GT.

Gonna take some Oats to keep that Hoss fed.  He has been saving his $$ so he reached in his pocket and sprinkled some sawdust on the salesman's desk.  ;D

Walnut Beast

All smiles 👍. Maybe Grandpa is going to have to show him how to drive it!

Magicman

Oh No, he is much more responsible than I was at his age.   ::) 

WDH

Grandpa is going to have to give him a raise to pay for the gas and so he can take the Ladies out in style.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

Good for him very nice car
Rollin, Rollin,  Rollin  :)

Nebraska

Magicman

Yup, 'Nother Hoss for Marty's "startup" construction company came home last night !!

A 2019, Vermeer D20X22 directional boring machine to complement his other smaller D6 boring machine.

Marty, Ben, and Luke getting their first look at it in the daylight this morning.

I suppose that his company ain't "start up" anymore.   ;D 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thriceor

The equipment looks cool, and the first picture of the boring machine is superb.  Good composition, clarity and color saturation!  You must be using a quality camera.
...I'd rather trust a man who works with his hands,
He looks at you once, you know he understands...

Genesis- "The Chamber of 32 Doors"

samandothers

I had somehow missed the post about Luke's Mustang.  That is fantastic!  He worked hard and that has its rewards, proud of him!  Marty is doing well too!

Bruno of NH

So good Olde boys getting done :)

Corley5

Today we went next door and brought the old girl to her new home.  She was bought new in 1948 by my Great Grandfather John Vroman and stayed on the place when his son Uncle Ralph took over.  My cousins are selling the farm and we were able get the tractor.  I spent many hours running it with the baler behind it.  This gives my kids another of their grandfather's tractors including the sibling to this one purchased new by my Great Great Uncle Fred Vroman John's brother and owned by my Grandpa Bob Vroman after Fred's passing.  The old gal doesn't have any spark and needs a rear tire fixed but came with the original fenders.  I've got a couple distributors on the shelf and am going to switch the magneto for one of them.  She's been roughed up a bit since Uncle Ralph passed away 6 years ago but will have any easy retirement here.

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Walnut Beast

Thank You Sponsors!