iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

That's what's great about the FF is that we are a diverse group.  If it was all guys with sawmills and no other experience, we wouldn't get the help and inspiration that we do.  We have lots of jacks of all trades, but we also have experts in certain fields.  I had a great time and enjoyed meeting each and every one of you.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tacotodd

FFOTS, likewise on all counts 🔔🔔🔔🔔

Ding ding ding, you guys have hit the nail on the head!!!
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

Quote from: Tacotodd on August 12, 2021, 01:03:06 PMyou guys have hit the nail on the head!!!

How many more hammers will I need to keep up with you guys hitting nails ??   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Crusarius

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Resonator

"Any tool is a hammer. Unless it's a screwdriver, then it's a chisel." ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Tacotodd

Flat blades make good chisels, while philips make good leather punch awls IF you get them screaming (cherry red) hot, then they go right through. Don't lie, we've all done it. It's easier than setting up the drill or drill press to do it.
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olcowhand

Quote from: Tacotodd on August 12, 2021, 09:38:09 PM
Flat blades make good chisels, while philips make good leather punch awls IF you get them screaming (cherry red) hot, then they go right through. Don't lie, we've all done it. It's easier than setting up the drill or drill press to do it.
As a lifelong Stockman, I can't remember a time that I didn't have a leather punch around, but I do use red hot Awls or Ice Picks to burn holes in Nylon Halters and Dog Collars (Take them off the animal first!).
Swiss Army knives usually come with a small awl to bore holes in leather, also....
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Tacotodd

Well, and it's nobody's fault but mine (economics) but I've learned to make due with what I have. Dad taught me that!
Trying harder everyday.

petefrom bearswamp

Glad a good time was had by all in attendance.
Well, as I posted before, my grandsons graduation pig roast took precedence over the real PR in Michigan.
I did see some friends of my former son in law that I probably wont see again until my grand daughter gets hitched.
I would much rather have been there and although Ill be 85 pushing 86 next time unless I'm on the wrong side of the sod, Linda and I are planning to attend.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

I've finally finished the pigroast video. Problem is, no way to upload it until I get back to Harrison. Tammy will come and get me to be home first of next week.   :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

That's just perfect. I hope to have this contract milling job done by then and be just ready to start a week of festival work. I should have time to watch, enjoy and comment on it. I am sure you took my schedule into consideration in your planning and I think you for that. :D :D :D ;D :)
 Seriously, you get it done when you get it done. We appreciate the time you put into it. Really sorry I disappointed you with your request, but I am sure the final product did not suffer for it.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

trimguy

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on August 18, 2021, 08:48:06 PM
If it had commercials, it'd be an hour long.
OH SUPER! this is going to be a good one! I'll get the popcorn ready! 8) 8)

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

The finished pigroast video is on its way to Harrison with 2 more completed videos. TAMMY DRIVES TOMORROW AND THE MULCHER IS COMING, SO SHE LEFT ME HERE! WOE IS ME!
BAHAHA!

Jeremy will upload them today from home, and then I can edit titles and descriptions from here. Should be published tonight. I !expect to make a lot of video today.

Magicman

I have a package scheduled for delivery today so I should also be able to make a contribution to this topic tonight.  :)

Old Greenhorn

Jeff

Magicman

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on August 24, 2021, 12:04:22 PMI can't wait to see what PatD ordered!
Yup, She was the winner and she decided that I really NEEDED a.....

36" Mill Special.  Now I will need to ask all of my LOGRITES to get together for a new group picture.  logrite_cool

Thank You LOGRITE for your continued Forestry Forum Sponsorship and Support.

Old Greenhorn

Great video Jeff and family as well as some contributors. That's a nice keep sake we can watch years down the road to remember a really nice day after a year and a half of nonsense.
 Lynn, that's a nice hook. Lets us know how it fits in the stable. I have been thinking about one of those as the next one I get. It seems just the right size for a little flip.

Thank You Sponsors!