iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carrol Stream motors

Started by Ed_K, June 22, 2021, 03:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Have anyone dealt with this Company? I'm looking to get an elect start 16-18-20hp motor cause I can't pull start the B & S 16 hp some days from being sick. I've looked at Predators, lifan's and any number of others. I really don't have a lot of money to spend and when I find a reasonable price they are out of stock or over $1k. Harbor Freight has some coming in close to me BUT coming in means many months I expect.
 This Carrol Stream has a 20 hp elec start for $895. or close to that. Just wondering?
Ed K

mike_belben

Thats outrageous. 

Could you put on a belt type starter generator and a battery system?  Those are under $200 new.  DB electrical.could probably tell you what model for a 16hp.  
Praise The Lord

btulloh

A quick fix could be to use a battery drill motor to start your current motor. Just remove the pull start mechanism and it will expose a nut on top of the crankshaft. Put the matching socket on the drill motor and your all set. Works pretty well for many situations. Maybe not the most elegant solution but can be implemented in a few minutes with things you've probably got on hand. 
HM126

sawguy21

You risk peeling the end off the crankshaft or at the very least stripping the nut with that method. As a retired small engine mechanic I have very little faith in the cheap knockoff engines, they don't last and service is iffy but if you want to take the chance it's your nickel. Buy once cry once. John Ruskin once wrote the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten, it is just as true today.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fluidpowerpro

I have looked at the Carol Stream engines before but never purchased. I have however used the Predator brand from Harbor Freight, and had good luck with them. At their price point you can buy 2 of them for the cost of a name brand. If you have doubts, you can buy their extended warranty.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Thank You Sponsors!