iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2023

Started by customsawyer, January 03, 2023, 04:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I have set the dates for this years sawing project for April 14th and 15th. There will be some quartersawing in memory of WDH and we can demo about anything else members want to see. We can discuss sawing, drying, sharpening, and whatever else folks want on Fri. with a lunch thrown in and then hamburgers and hotdogs that evening with hopefully a little bonfire, weather permitting. Saturday we will find something to quartersaw for Danny and have another good lunch. That evening will be leftovers and another fire with all of the associated standing around and talking. The address for this is

1607 Capps Browning Rd.
Rentz, GA.

There is lots of motels at the intersection of hwy 441/319 and I16 for those that need it. There is room in the yard for a few campers or there are also campgrounds in the area.
If you want to bring something to the lunch on Sat mention it here so we don't have lots of folks bringing the same thing. Like before there will be a donation can for those that just want to pitch in that way. Lets try to keep a head count going so we have an idea on how many are coming. Me and mine will be 2 making a total of 2 so far. I ask that this not be mentioned on Facebook as there would be no way of knowing how many would be coming. Looking forward to seeing all of my friends.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

doc henderson

Up a little early son?  We will be there and proud to be #3 and #4.  What?  too soon?   :D :D :D

so, Bryan and Georgia Henderson.  or Mr. and Mrs. Doc Henderson.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

boardmaker

We will be there.
Lucas and Kristin Hager
5 and 6.

I will report back later with what we will bring.

GAB

As of today my wife and I are planning on being there.
Gerald & Mike
GAB

7 & 8
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Andries

I'll take the winter front off the truck and check out the ac before we leave.
Andries and Teea, for numbers 9 and 10.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

moosehunter

It is my intention to be there. 11.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bruno of NH

18 hour drive 
I want to go 
But my knees might not make it that long in the truck 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

bigblockyeti

Would bringing youngins be ill advised?  At any given point in time one of my boys is showing at least a little interest in what the heck I'm doing in the back yard, more interest could turn into more help and there's no such thing as too much help.

Magicman

PatD and I have it on our calendar but no commitment yet.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

E-Tex

12 & 13  (Lance & Debbie)
and a truck camper spot if available...thx
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

caveman

14 and 15.  John (Jmoore) and I will be there, God willing, and the creek don't rise.  As we approach the event date, I'll sign up to bring some things.  Jake, thank you for hosting.  
Caveman

customsawyer

BBY I have no problem with folks bringing their children. Just keep in mind they understand staying safe and the fact that they might sneak up behind a group of men talking that don't know they are there and hear some colorful language. It doesn't happen much but it is a possibility. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

bigblockyeti

Almost certainly wouldn't be both, if we can make it work out at all.  If it's my 10 year old, he's very safety conscious and quite capable when it comes to helping under specific directives, it just needs to capture his interest.  He and his older brother go to public school and ride the school bus, if they know their mother and I aren't within earshot, they could make a sailor blush.

Patrick NC

Talked it over with the wife this afternoon.  We will be 16 and 17. About a 5 hour drive, so not bad. Recommendation for a good campground would be appreciated 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

SawyerTed

Unfortunately, The Doctor and I will be traveling to the Northeast in April.  I hate to miss it because we had such a good time last year.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

We stayed at Honeysuckle Farm RV Park in Dublin.  Nothing fancy, just a place to stay.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patrick NC

Don't need fancy. Just a place to plug in the camper.😁
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

RefHawk

I'm planning to be there along with Hamajama. This will be our first. Obviously will have mixed emotions but looking forward to it! 18 and 19.
Colossians 2:7
Woodmizer LT 40,

TroyC

YellowHammer

Martha and I am gonna hold out and get the 100 and 101 spot!!

Of course we are coming, but I've got to start causing trouble now.   :D :D :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

GAB

Quote from: YellowHammer on January 04, 2023, 12:21:46 PM
Martha and I am gonna hold out and get the 100 and 101 spot!!

Of course we are coming, but I've got to start causing trouble now.   :D :D :D
Robert:
How many times have you been told to act your age and not cause trouble?
Oh, you've never been this old before.
That explains a lot.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Mossy Chariot

Count me in!!!  Here's the list so far:

Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

doc henderson

Thanks Mossy.  I still remember having lunch and meeting you at the first project I went to.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

scsmith42

Jake, I'm planning to attend - hopefully ride the Harley down - weather permitting.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Sixacresand

Nancy and I will attend.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!