iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw for hire

Started by WH_Conley, January 15, 2009, 11:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

Anybody watching it? Just want to if anybody else has the same opinion as I do.
Bill

LE-1

PPE was deplorable , Saftey was terrible , totaly disorganized and total disregard of equipment .

Jeff

What are we talking about?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chevytaHOE5674

I missed it, hopefully catch the first few episodes on reruns.

Have to remember thursday nights at 9pm eastern on TLC.

WH_Conley

Jeff, I never heard of it before, just turned the channel and there it was. Made Axe Men look like a poster for OSHA.
Bill

ScottAR

I didn't catch all of it,  Not impressed.  I hope later episodes are of
different crews.  Somebody's bound to be better than that. 

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

york

Hi all,yes i watched it too-they use a crane-not a good climber in the bunch....

The crane operator, does not know what he is doing either....
Albert

DR Buck

SO........Can somebody provide details?

What Channel?
What time?
What's it called?

Etc.  etc. etc..............................................
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

york

For me it was on at 8pm till 9pm-on TLC and called "saw for hire"

was like a circus side show..
Albert

metalspinner

Quotewas like a circus side show..

Sounds like several trees ervices around here. ::)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Cedarman

I saw parts of it on TLC.  The work was done in Tulsa Ok.  There are very few people in central Oklahoma that have tree cutting experience as far as logging is concerned.  Anyone that does is a transplant from a long ways away.  You have to go 50 miles east to get into any timber.   There are very few sawmills in central Ok and they are small scale. There are few jobs in logging in that area.  I get Tree Care Magazine and it is always full of good articles of how to run a tree service company.  They constantly complain of what you saw on TV. 

The ice storm was a huge disaster in a band that ran through Tulsa.  It missed our operation near Stillwater Ok which is about 60 miles west of Tulsa.  We had a little ice on trees, but did no damage.

Anyone near Springfield Mo can identify with those ice problems.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

beenthere

A bit of what I found....

date (day)          time     network       episode title
1/29/09 (Th.)  9:30 PM  TLC (#106)  Episode 6
1/29/09 (Th.)  9:00 PM  TLC (#105)  Episode 5

1/22/09 (Th.)  9:30 PM  TLC (#104)  We're Going To Need A Bigger Crane
1/22/09 (Th.)  9:00 PM  TLC (#103)  They Don't Make Roofs Like They Used To

1/15/09 (Th.)  9:30 PM  TLC (#102)  The Ice Storm
1/15/09 (Th.)  9:00 PM  TLC (#101)  Monster Sycamore Tree

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

I watched it, lets just say I was way less than impressed with the treework, crane operation, and overall operation.  But, it kinda makes for some good TV, :D :D :D.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SHADOW

Well,
they are alot more worst then me, ::)

it give me recomfort! 8)
STIHL.

bck

Quote from: ScottAR on January 16, 2009, 01:43:38 AM
I didn't catch all of it,  Not impressed.  I hope later episodes are of
different crews.  Somebody's bound to be better than that. 

8 minutes is all I could stand. After reading the tv guide and seeing what the show was about I had my hopes up  :(   boss pulls up on mercedes and constantly fusses and talks junk to everybody. Maybe on the season ender one of em will punch him in the nose.

Kcwoodbutcher

I'd last about 5 minutes with the guy before I'd deck him. Worst of the worst when it come to people management. Not too bright either, anybody from OSHA sees the show they should be paying him a visit. He had over 50 employees in the ice storm episode.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

ScottAR

Not apples to apples, but "The Axe Men"  looked like an OSHA safety
film compared to those doofuses  (doofi ?)

I miss the Axe Men.   With a little better editing, that could be a great
view into the logging life.  Mostly, showing more ecology type stuff and
less like a 70's batman episode.   Those guys were/are great enough
to watch without all the simulated drama. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

thecfarm

Too bad a program could not be made with out all of the drama and other BS.But than most groups of people would not watch it.Guess I'll have to stick with boring RFD or Rural Living for the stuff that I like to watch.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dana

This Thursdays episode, "They just don't make roofs like they used to" should be interesting. :o ;D
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

zackman1801

Quote from: Kcwoodbutcher on January 20, 2009, 09:11:05 PM
I'd last about 5 minutes with the guy before I'd deck him. Worst of the worst when it come to people management. Not too bright either, anybody from OSHA sees the show they should be paying him a visit. He had over 50 employees in the ice storm episode.

Dont worry they will. They paid the crews from Ax Men a visit after the filming was over and passed out some heavy fines. i guess thats what you get when you openly defy laws, and dont bother with safety while being filmed, and having the show air on national television. somewhere someone from OSHA is going to see the footage, and then they have all the proof in the world, cant get out of it by saying it never happened when they have it all on tape ::)
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

okie

If this is out of Tulsa OK, it might be an outfit called Novac tree service (I think that is the name). They have a promo show on late nights on one of our local channels. They are a bunch of yahoos. It's kinda like finding a bunch of teenage hoodlums and giving them chainsaws and telling them to have fun. One episode where I guess they didnt have a job they decided to go into the woods with a bunch of guns, the owner of the company lost the key to a big steel box that several thousand rounds of Ak ammo was stored in, but no worries; he had his trusty cutting torch to get into his ammo box.
Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: okie on January 21, 2009, 11:34:14 PM
If this is out of Tulsa OK, it might be an outfit called Novac tree service (I think that is the name).

IIRC the name is Nosak, they have videos all over the internet of them in frightening situations.

york

It don`t matter-nothing else will be on tv tonight-so i will watch these clowns...
Albert

wi woodcutter

Just seen Saw for Hire YIKES! I would not want them cutting anything around me. Somebody needs to tell that guy there is better ways to talk to people then yelling.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Thank You Sponsors!