iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log weight

Started by bandmiller2, May 04, 2017, 08:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Just read Dave's question on log weight. Why not put a pipe tee and hydraulic pressure gauge on the spool valve. After some fancy figuring or calibration with several loads a fella should know the weight of objects lifted. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Dave Shepard

All the gravel pits are setup with scales in the loaders around here. They load you and give you a ticket right in the pit.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

fishfighter

Why not just use the tool box. Close enough for me. ;D

KirkD

Quote from: fishfighter on May 04, 2017, 09:00:34 PM
Why not just use the tool box. Close enough for me. ;D

Might work for some but I have been hauling loads of Douglas Fir and one big Incense Cedar and ran the trailer across a scale and the Douglas fir logs were about 60% more than it said it should be and maybe more than that. On the cedar judging by what it took t get it off the trailer I was not able to scale it. I will move the mill to where it landed to mill it.
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

bandmiller2

Log weight can vary wildly due to density and water content, charts and programs give you a ballpark figure at best. Each application of a gauge would require some calibration, but then its a simple matter to know weight. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!