The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: The Daily Firewood Picture Thread  (Read 17273 times)

Offline sublime68charger

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: The Daily Firewood Picture Thread
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2021, 08:42:46 AM »
got my wood shed filled up for the winter this past weekend.  Just got to drop the front door and tie it down so its not blowing in the wind.  The zippers for it are shot but it does help keep the snow out of blowing into the shed some what.

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »
i dont think i do anymore.  ive been sitting here a minute trying to remember how that all went.  i expected to move all my equipment down south and get a building up then start a manufacturing company.  so id build something and share it and it didnt bother me when someone else would make themselves one, but it really burned me when some turd would clone it and start selling as their own so i kinda just quit over there. let them figure their own junk out if im not gonna get anything out of it. 

i dont even know what thread youre looking at.  got a link?
Isaiah 63:10

Offline sublime68charger

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2021, 09:52:57 AM »
my side access door to the shed as well.  Light points toward the boiler which is a big help at night.  The strips at the bottom have small wood blocks to give them some weight to keep for blowing around all the time and I'm kinda suprised that they made it over a year without ripping off.

Offline sublime68charger

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2021, 09:56:03 AM »
i dont think i do anymore.  ive been sitting here a minute trying to remember how that all went.  i expected to move all my equipment down south and get a building up then start a manufacturing company.  so id build something and share it and it didnt bother me when someone else would make themselves one, but it really burned me when some turd would clone it and start selling as their own so i kinda just quit over there. let them figure their own junk out if im not gonna get anything out of it.

i dont even know what thread youre looking at.  got a link?
from this thread.  
My 140 | My Tractor Forum

and I get with your fabicration skills you don't want somebody to take what you have made and designed and then try and market it as there own.  I just wanted to watch some of what you had posted videos of. or if you have a youtube channel can you just PM me a link to it?
thanks

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »
since i cant produce iron in house and the supply chain trainwreck is overpriced and under reliable im not gonna go into any kind of manufacturing anymore other than my own one off stuff til i die.  im happy to share the stuff i just dont think i have vids anymore.  i played around with a monetizing attempt on youtube earlier this year and see it as a waste of my time so just let that trail off.  certifiedhoarder is my stage name.. its just a bunch of random junk to feel out what might take off. 

a redneck toyota yaris heater fix is my most views. bah.  i have better things to do than pander to idiots with broken heaters. i much prefer you fine folks here with broken skitters and splitters! ;D

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2021, 10:03:45 AM »
oh yeah.. bucket of photos went from free to a million dollars a year and i lost thousands of images.  i guess MTF cached them somehow.

Offline GRANITEstateMP

• LIVE FREE OR DIE
    • Share Post
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2021, 12:22:45 PM »
finally getting some of MY wood put up!  This will be for late next winter, or maybe the winter after, depends on how this one goes

The pile to the left has been pre split with the skid steer mounted splitter. We then do the final split and heap it till I got time to do the dreaded stacking

probably 1/4 of the pieces didn't need to be resplit. It helps that I burn 22in pieces and like some "all nighters"
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Offline sublime68charger

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2021, 01:39:40 PM »
Mike thanks for the youtube name Ill check out your videos.

Offline cutterboy

• Senior Member x2
  • Sometimes trees fall where they want to.
    • Share Post
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2021, 01:42:59 PM »
I've been cutting wood the last few days. Most in the woods and some on the edge of a corn field.  Here are a few pictures just for the fun of it.

Happy cutting.....Cutter

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2021, 04:02:18 AM »
My overflow wood pile is under the porch. And for some reason the wind keeps the snow away from the north end of the house. It blows out across the drain field and out the lower drive way. Most of the snow in the drive way is on the shoulders. And the snow does not pile up in front of the garage door that much either, it faces north. I've seen the day here, that the wind would block you in and not work with you. Because of the way everything sits on the lot now, that has all changed in my favor. What little snow I get under the porch entry I sweep off with a broom. The front doorsteps area and ground usually blows down to bare gravel from wind or just 2-4" snow at most. 8)  She's all bare down to grass again here.
No amount of belief makes something a fact. James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Offline cutterboy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2021, 07:43:19 PM »
Back in the woods. This afternoon I went after a pretty good sized black birch that would not make good lumber but will make good firewood.

These rounds were so heavy that I decided to only fill the box about 3/4 full. Black birch is as dense as red oak. I forgot to take a picture of my load in the woods but remembered half way home driving through a corn field.

The stack of rounds is getting bigger. It's about time to get the splitter going to split this wood and stack it in the barn for next winter.

There is still a lot of wood on the ground in the woods but tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and windy and warm so I'll have to wait to get it. Inside work tomorrow.

Happy cutting.....Cutter 

Offline btulloh

• Senior Member x2
  • I never met an air conditioner I didn't like
    • Share Post
« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »
Looking at your pics makes me wanna go cut firewood, Cutterboy. Problem is that kind of thing is on my list of things Im not supposed to do right now. Hopefully soon, but until then Ill just have to get my kicks watching this thread.

Thanks for posting!
HM126

Offline cutterboy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2021, 09:19:10 PM »
btulloh, I hope the condition or situation that is holding you back improves quickly so you can do all you want to. I wish you well.

Offline btulloh

• Senior Member x2
  • I never met an air conditioner I didn't like
    • Share Post
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2021, 09:37:28 PM »
Thanks. Ill be back in the saddle before too long I hope. Gettin there, but slower than Id like. 

Offline sublime68charger

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2021, 09:19:46 PM »
Used my John Deere 140 today to pull in a tree top.  

Offline Gere Flewelling

• Hobby Miller
    • Share Post
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2021, 06:18:25 AM »
Sublime68charger- That's a neat looking little JD, but the 78/79 Ford in the background caught my eye.  I have a fondness for that era of F series.  The only new vehicle I have ever bought was a 79 f-150.  I ran it til it rusted away in 1988.  Poor quality steel in those days and New England salt was a bad combination.  I have a 79 F-350 dump I bought 20 years ago to haul firewood that I only run in months where the roads are free of salt.  Not the same as the old f-150 but makes a good reminder of my "good old days".  I painted the midline stripe on my pickup back then.  Gave it the unique look.  Thanks for the memories and for posting the pic's.  GF
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman
Matthew 6:3-4

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2021, 08:16:57 AM »
Im convinced those old hydrostatic deeres from 140 thru 400ish model i think with the sunstrand 15/70U are not capable of breaking themselves from overloading with the stock engines.  You could bolt the axles to an alignment rack, chain it down and max it out. The relief valves would protect the axle shafts and gears.  As you know they make max wheel torque at minimum swash plate angle like any hydrostatic transmission.

The more weight you pile on front and more weight you can raise up to load the drives, the more that thing will keep pulling until a relief valve opens or tire spins or it wheelies.  Its a dana truck rear with a gusseted housing so that wont bend either.  An incredible machine.

consumers are idiots to be throwing those out for the fisher price throwaway rubbish they sell today. Nothing today compares to 1970s garden tractors in terms of robustness and repairability. 

Ps- never forget to push in the tow valves if you have to tug it out.  I broke my rearend tugging it with a half cord of wood in the trailer with the dozer and forgetting the valves.  I lifted the back of the trailer and all the weight was on the tongue so the deeres drive tires couldnt skid and it snapped the bull gear teeth off. 

Offline sublime68charger

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2021, 11:34:48 AM »
Sublime68charger- That's a neat looking little JD, but the 78/79 Ford in the background caught my eye.  I have a fondness for that era of F series.  The only new vehicle I have ever bought was a 79 f-150.  I ran it til it rusted away in 1988.  Poor quality steel in those days and New England salt was a bad combination.  I have a 79 F-350 dump I bought 20 years ago to haul firewood that I only run in months where the roads are free of salt.  Not the same as the old f-150 but makes a good reminder of my "good old days".  I painted the midline stripe on my pickup back then.  Gave it the unique look.  Thanks for the memories and for posting the pic's.  GF
back ground on the old 78 Ford.  72,000 orginal miles rusty but trusty.  I'm the 3rd owner bought from my Grandpa who got the truck in 1983 with 23,000 miles on it.  351M motor with auto transmission.  Every time I drive the truck I get to think of all the great trips that I got to take with my grandparents in the truck.  I have grand visions of some day getting a rust free box to put on it and a new coat of paint.  The topper is ugly on it but keeps stuff in the box nice and dry so for now the topper stay's on.  

Offline sublime68charger

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »
Mike Belben,  yep those 140 are tough little tractors.

and I know about the freewheeling releif on these.  I have 3 1/2 140's at the moment.
the 69 with the rear 3 point.  I have a 74 140 H1 with a tiller on the back.

in my work shop is a 69 140 H1 that is not running at the moment hoping Points/Coil/Condensor
maybe a new carb and get it running.

also up on blocks is a 74 140 H3 frame and H3 stuff,  missing motor and the hydro unit has a whole in the side of it.  long term project  I and thinking from Jim's tractor repair get a replacment engine and would like to put in a rear end from a John Deere 420 so I could have a 2 speed and locking Diff.    Or take all the H3 stuff off and put in on my other 74 140.

the darn 140 are addictive I started with just the 2 of them that came from a unlce of mine who had a collection of about 40 different gardent tractors that got auctioned off.  He only had the 2 140's on the auction and I was able to get both of them the 69 ran and had a mower deck and homemade sleeve hitch on the back for $450 and the 74 140 non running for $250 pic of my 140s with a 214 that I had been using but sold since I got the 140's

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2021, 03:24:42 PM »
you can make an H4 by adding your H3 valve downstream of the H1 valve.  you just cant pull a handle on each valve simultaneously.  mine is an H6..  a pair of 3 stacks in series with a total system relief and a separate high pressure pump.  

if you wanna sell the broken hydro output shaft and the bull gear it meshes with let me know

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Daily Fabrication Thread

Started by mike_belben on Forestry and Logging

1044 Replies
Last post January 27, 2022, 11:44:40 PM
by mike_belben
xx
Daily carnage thread

Started by mike_belben on Forestry and Logging

601 Replies
Last post January 26, 2022, 08:12:31 AM
by mike_belben
xx
best firewood picture

Started by rebocardo on General Board

10 Replies
Last post November 23, 2008, 07:34:13 PM
by Warbird
xx
2007 Pig Roast is underway (picture thread)

Started by Jeff on General Board

188 Replies
Last post August 20, 2007, 10:34:33 PM
by WV_hillbilly