iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

building my first Kiln

Started by Adam.dk, August 08, 2022, 12:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam.dk

Hi i am fairly new in here I have had my mill for 4 years but so far only air dried my wood . I would like to build a kiln to speed up the process and get the wood down to lover water content.

i have an industrial dehumidifier and ditto fan with heat and some fans with out heat.
 can I use these things ? and I would appreciate if anybody has link to plans on how to build the inside af the kiln.

I have been building houses for 35 years so I know how to build the shed but im not sure where to put the dehumidifier fan ect.

also I would like some guidance on temperatures and air humidity if anybody has a chart or something like that 

I hope the above makes any sense being danish English is not my first language so bare with any spelling errors :-) 

beenthere

Adam.dk
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

I tried hard to find a spelling error.. finally found one.. No apologies needed for your post. 

Those with good experience drying wood with a dehumidifier will chime in with some helpful answers. 

Watch the "similar topics" suggested at the bottom of your posts. Can lead to additional information that may be helpful.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customsawyer

Really need more information on the equipment you are using. It is doubtful if they are wired properly for the kilns environment. Think about really high humidity and then rather low humidity. Add on top of that the high temps to sterilize at the end of the cycle. Nyle has some plans that come with their kilns. I don't know if they are available online.  
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!