iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New motor for burned mill.

Started by naturaledge1, April 09, 2019, 05:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naturaledge1

I have a burned lt40hd 2005 that I've had for a couple years and finally getting a few dollars to start to rebuild had a 34 cat on it but I'm going to replace with a 32or 38 Kohler I think. Any thoughts on that. I was thinking EFI but not sure. I don't think the 38 is EFI Thank you Brian

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

John S

The latest Hohler 38 hp that WM is supplying is EFI.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

ladylake

If set up for a diesel I'd sure replace it with a diesel, Kubota, yanmar, Isuzu would be real good engines.  I think the mount are the same or real close on most of them.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

MartyParsons

Hello, 
 I have changed a few mills to the 38 hp EFI. Biggest reason is the  Diesels are Tier 4 and the cost is getting more and more. We could go into this and that but it is the world we live in. 
::)
I like the 38 hp EFI engine. It has great power and low end torque. If you have a early mill you will need to verify the driven pulley on the drive side bearing. It must be a 3/5 V angle , that is what will be on the engine if you get the complete kit from WM, which comes with everything , drive belt new alternator, mounting plate  and more. Kit part 054995 $ 3978.00. You may need a clutch enhancement bracket 015058 for some models. The driven pulley is not included in this kit as some mills would not need. 
Brian would already have the 3/5 v pulley. 

Hope this helps. 
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

naturaledge1

Thanks for the replies the replacement Yanmar from woodmizer around $8,000 and that's just a few thousand dollar less than what I want this whole rebuild cost I think I'll look at woodmizer Kohler model and see what's included thanks again

Thank You Sponsors!