iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rare Homelite

Started by lumberjack48, March 01, 2016, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

I strip cut back in the 60's with one of these. We also had a C7 and the C9, i preferred the C9, because of the power it had and the red and green color.
The C9 would be a hand full on that auger 8)

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Jeff

Would the auger have been meant for ice or dirt?  Looks icey to me.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lumberjack48

I was searching old saws and ran into it, personally i have never seen one. Its an ice auger, i think it would be a good one because the C5 starts so easy and easy to maintain.
In the early 60's i cut a lot of big White Pine with the C9 Homelite. Good Ole saw and it built my arms up for arm bending ;)

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

coxy

LJ wonder how many more rpm you would get out of that saw with a newer roller tip bar compared to the original bar

Jeff

Yer not getting these photos from another website are you? I took it for granted that was your photo.

lumberjack48

Jeff,  Darn you look mean in that picture, the C9 picture is off the spec sheet. The C5 auger is off google. I hope I'm not in to much trouble  :(

Jeff

You can't do that. The trouble may come when the copyright owner contacts me wanting your information for a law suit. Don't think it doesn't happen. I'd suggest you find out if the photo you posted are copyright free, or get permission, or delete them.

Jhenderson

I never knew there was such a thing as a rare Homelite

Al_Smith

Rarity means very little to most except an avid collector .

chet

That c-5 was the first new saw I ever ran. I remember it being loud, and also spittin' fire out it's so called muffler as it got closer ta dark.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!