iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log wizard debarker for cedar fence posts

Started by simplicityguy92, December 12, 2011, 07:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplicityguy92

anybody know if a log wizard debarker would work on western red cedar ? small logs 4''-8'' logs mainly. ive used a drawknife but it is to slow. ive heard good and bad things about them i heard they als work good for sharpening the posts

luckylager

I use mine on western red cedar all the time. It chews up the cedar really good. I sharpen my own knives, but they are reasonably cheap. You can play with how you set the knives in the head and make it really aggresive if you want.

76gmc

i have mine mounted on an old sthil 011. works great for debarking before milling. the blades are easier to sharpen or replace then the mill! just shop around for the best $'s. got mine @ northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company

leroy in kansas

Quote from: 76gmc on December 18, 2011, 07:52:11 AM
i have mine mounted on an old sthil 011. works great for debarking before milling. the blades are easier to sharpen or replace then the mill! just shop around for the best $'s. got mine @ northern tool Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company.

76gmc  do you possibly have a pic of your set up.

Thanks much Leroy

Meadows Miller

Gday

I have had one since I got the band mill so since 95  they are a good bit of kit for what you want to do but I have not used mine in years just wear a pair of chaps or thick pants as it chucks the bark out at your legs at a pretty quick rate of speed  ;) now I wont use their name but dont get one from nt steve_smiley now just click on the Lucas Baileys site to the left and you will find a log wizard along with cutter less chain and bars to suit there Mate  ;)

Best Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

76gmc

76gmc

Thank You Sponsors!