iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a new digital camera

Started by isawlogs, February 25, 2007, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Marcel, send it to me..... maybe I can fix it.......... if not, I'll send it to the silo busters. ;D

Thanks anyways Asy, but I already know I'm getting a canon.
Guess it's kinda stupid to say that in this thread eh? ::)

gary

I bought a polaroid a 500 for $125.00. it has5.1 mega pixels and 4x zoom. It takes nice pictures but I haven't dropped it or put it in water yet.

Furby

Aw, come on Gary live a little! :)
Gotta give them a couple drops and get them wet somehow before you can give a real opinon. ;) :D

SPIKER

Hey while I was playing & reading I decided to snap a quick shot using the $149.00 camera I bought a while back.   I have about 30 pics in my different gallery's, any taken this year (file names have dates in them) are using this camera anything prior or 2006 date were the HP one I just sold on ebay (thank good!)

samsung digimax S700  pic of dime held in my hand image stabilization on no flash in micro mode.

I like this camera works great great battery life and easy to use...

(Haven't dropped it into the MUD, the CREEK or down the steps YET but it's only 2 months or less old  ::)    I'm sure I will eventually :o  also I'm glad I don't have any fingers in that pic, considering the low res of the forum gallery you can sure see the palm ridges in my hand!

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

SwampDonkey

isawlogs, I think it's safe to say that asking for the forum's opinion on what camera to buy is going to be biased about like Chevy vs Ford vs Toyota. Of course you know the right choice. ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Quartlow

Mark, that is a darn good picture for a $150 camera
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

SPIKER

Isawlogs;
ii ya I agree that is why I posted pic showing detail.   when I went to buy this camera guy tried to talk me into a 400 buck one said he just bought one to take pics of coins for ebay.   told me I would be wasting my $ if I bought this 149 buck camera.  I took out a quarter & tossed it onto the counter at the electronics store, took a pic using both cameras & compared the 2.   the 150 buck one was hands down the winner in price ease of use and quality!  lol  guy kind of pursed his lips & walked away   :D ::)  I figured well if it looks that good I suppose it should work 4 me  hahah ;D

the digital zoom is not 100% great due to fact I have shaky hands but so far I haven't used ZOOM more than just the optical and with the 1000 ISA speed it seems that the shaky hands are not quite as bad / showing up in the photos...

MarkM

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

mdvaden

I've had the S1 ls for over 2 years now - drug it on many, many hikes.

I may get more life out of mine, because I often keep it out for quite a while while hiking and intermittently push the button down only half way. It keeps the lens from retracting, and saves the motor.

It's such a superb camera - especially the lens quality - that I plan to get whatever model replaced it: I think its black now, with a 12x zoom and 6 mega pix.

One camera that intrigues me, and I just saw one for the first time at Costco today, is a Nikon Coolpix with a 12x zoom lens. The left half of the camera swivels. It was about $300. I read on review that said the images were not too grand, but another review was good.

If I were not to get that Nikon, I'd probably stick with what's reliable. So far, when I was out in the woods photographing, two professional photographers have stopped to talk to me. They both glanced at my camera and said "excellent camera". So that has lodged in my thinking.

tcsmpsi

Well, I'm no photogeneticjournalist, so I need something that works and put up with me.

All the pics (except some of the old ones made before digital and scanned) in my gallery were made with a HP M425.  It's got 5 megapixels (though I haven't found them yet and don't know how they hide them in that little package).  It is a handy little rascal, uses 2 AA and is better on power consumption than my previous cameras.

It does more stuff than I have time to fool with.  Personally, I have good service from HP products.  I think my wife gave about $125 for it (got it for a bday gift  ;D).

I like the little rascal.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

pappy

Marcel,
Try overstock.com ... I bought a Kodak Easy Share scratch and dent (reconditioned) the first time and didn't really did like, it went south on me. Glad I had bought the insurance and they honored it no problem... So I upgraded to an Olympus for a bit more money and really like it!! I got a 5 mega pixel which isn't really necessary unless ya want to make posters...

Jus mes deux cenes (sp)  ;)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!